• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will we see the present Champions come back for BotW2?

Sidon, Teba, Riju and (ugh) Yunobo are set up in BotW to be second generation Champions of Hyrule.

Now that we know BotW2 is the next Zelda, do you expect to see these characters again?

Will they play a part or do expect the game not to feature them very heavily if at all?

Would you like to see them again or do you think their time is done?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I hope we see them again playing a larger role. It’s a shame that they weren’t allowed to really play a role in the plot, kind of being foreshadowed by the past Champions. Especially Teba, who shows up and then is immediately gone. Because we have no clue how the world or conflict is going to look, it’s hard to predict what kind of role I’d want out of them. Assuming they won’t play a very active role in this game, I kind of hope we see them as some leaders of Hyrules reconstruction.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'd like to see the present champions return. Aside from Yunobo and Sidon, the other 2 didn't seem to have much of an impact on the first one. It would be cool if we saw them take a more active story role. Maybe they could discover and lead you to hidden dungeons. Or they could be temporary companions for certain areas and have an element of tag team game play.

I just felt the time spent with each of them was too short in the first one.

Hopefully not. Last thing BotW2 needs is these dumb pointless characters polluting it... and you can keep your useless garbage "champion" abilities too. I'll find my own way to murder bokos thanks, don't need your training wheels.

It depends on the route they take BOTW2, I definitely felt that they were under utilized in the first game (didn't even remeber the Ruto or Goron's name & only know Riju's based on how often I'd speak to her asking for the thunderhelm and everyone knows Sidon).

If BOTW2 decides to keep the abilities and picks up the story straight after the events of BOTW then I'd like to see them used instead of the old champions.

If BOTW2 decides to not go this route at all & introduce new characters and abilities then i'd rather them not be used and forced into a game where they don't need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom