• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will we see Link's iconic tunic in BotW?

Will Link's tunic be seen in BotW?

• Of course!

• I dont know.

• I doubt it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seeing how the game is using many clothing/armor sets, I want to say yes but in an optional form.

Basically it will be the reward for completing all of the shrines and it will give you a number of benefits making it the best armor in the game.

Or possibly an item for your second playthrough that is very well balanced and effecteive, but does not accommodate for every scenario you will come across.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
As an amiibo bonus yes. As a story essential outfit, no cause the main iconic story essential outfit in this game is the main one from the official videos and the official artwork. And that outfit is the Champion Shirt, with the Hylian Trousers and that hooded cloak that we still don't know the name of yet.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I think the green tunic will definitely make an appearance. This game is supposed to allow you to wear different clothes. Since it is not the outfit you start with they probably didn't want to give away that it is a reward later in the game for completing some quest.

Aku

I think it'll be in the game somewhere, but it's hard to say how it will benefit the user. I think it would be hilarious if they added it and gave it no unique abilities, but let all the Zelda fans have their tunic. That actually kind of makes more sense than having a simple green tunic that has better magic abilities than any armor in the game, doesn't it? XD
Honestly, that's what I'm betting. They have the green tunic, but it's just a simple garment rather then The Green Tunic... Of Power!! and the White Undershirt... Of Power!! and the Great Braies (underwear) ...of Power!!

But you get my drift. Either it's a item that you have to find, or it's something you can just buy (or have made) in a town, being oh so ordinary, worth more for it's 'iconic image' then it's power stats. I suspect people will walk up to Ganon in their manly green tunic, preparing to Lay Down The Law on Old Piggy, and alas, discover that The Clothes, They Do Nothing!

Once people find that out, prepare to see thousands lulzy Youtube videos of a thousand Links, die a thousand manly deaths.

No I think they want to take Zelda in a new direction so they are getting rid of the classic tunic. Getting rid of the green tunic will be the first step into a larger world...

Or as others have said it will be locked content behind an amiibo paywall... silly Nintendo

There has probably been a thread on this already, but I want to bring it up again.
From the countless trailers, explanations and analysis' we've all seen, there hasn't been any sight of Link's green tunic that he has worn for 30 years. The IGN E3 interview elaborated on the elusive tunic, with a Representative pointing out , that with all the un-lockable clothing pieces, we might be able to earn it and wear it later in the game.
Surely Nintendo wouldn't exclude such an iconic symbol, especially one that has been circulating for so long. I know they are developing this game with intentions of breaking away from the rigid structure which controlled the games since OoT, but by removing the Hero's Tunic, could they be going too far?
What do you think? Is Nintendo going to exclude it?
I personally think that they will incorporate it in somehow, but obviously not as early on as the others titles in the series.

We will see it, it's an icon, Link wouldnt be link without the green tunic, however I think it will mostly likely be an option side quest to get it.

It'd be cool if they had costumes of all the old Links hidden away in the world, similar to how Hyrule Warriors has separate costumes for SS, TP, OoT, WW, etc.

I think that we will probably see Link's green tunic. They give you a selection of tunics to wear. You will probably unlock it near the end of the game or something.

There has probably been a thread on this already, but I want to bring it up again.
From the countless trailers, explanations and analysis' we've all seen, there hasn't been any sight of Link's green tunic that he has worn for 30 years. The IGN E3 interview elaborated on the elusive tunic, with a Representative pointing out , that with all the un-lockable clothing pieces, we might be able to earn it and wear it later in the game.
Surely Nintendo wouldn't exclude such an iconic symbol, especially one that has been circulating for so long. I know they are developing this game with intentions of breaking away from the rigid structure which controlled the games since OoT, but by removing the Hero's Tunic, could they be going too far?
I personally think that they will incorporate it in somehow, but obviously not as early on as the others titles in the series.
I think you'll probably earn it after completing the last dungeon or after the final boss fight. If this doesnt happen nintendo will probobally release it asdlc

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think we will. My guess is it'll be solid armour statswise with maybe some unique special characteristics that other armour doesn't have, perhaps one of those things that gets stronger as you use it (think Monado in Xenoblade) making it never useless as the game goes on, but I doubt it'll be the absolute strongest armour.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
It would be nice to see I think it would very strange to have a game without it even if it is only optional

It really doesn't seem like Zelda without it. Without the master sword returning I imagine the tunic will as well. I guess both will be late game items and possibly not even the best items in the game. Though I'm sure the master sword will be unbreakable and required for some aspects of the story.
Lets hope the master sword isn't breakable. Every thing else is. Even the fire rod. If it can be repaired, it can probably break.

We'll definitely see it, it seems too iconic to be left out altogether.

But I suspect it'll appear in one of two possible points in the story:

1. The midway point, where Link gets the Master Sword and original tunic to show he's become the hero of legend he was destined to be. I suspect this is more likely myself.

2. As an optional extra like the Hylian Shield in Skyward Sword. Perhaps at the end of a dungeon like the Cave of Ordeals or a boss rush?

But yeah, it'll definitely appear. Seems insane to think they'd leave it out altogether, even for a Zelda game that's this different.

I hope the will put it in!
I can't imagine Link without his usual tunic.
Maybe we'll get something like the Goron's tunic is OoT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom