• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will we see Link's iconic tunic in BotW?

Will Link's tunic be seen in BotW?

• Of course!

• I dont know.

• I doubt it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
There has probably been a thread on this already, but I want to bring it up again.
From the countless trailers, explanations and analysis' we've all seen, there hasn't been any sight of Link's green tunic that he has worn for 30 years. The IGN E3 interview elaborated on the elusive tunic, with a Representative pointing out , that with all the un-lockable clothing pieces, we might be able to earn it and wear it later in the game.
Surely Nintendo wouldn't exclude such an iconic symbol, especially one that has been circulating for so long. I know they are developing this game with intentions of breaking away from the rigid structure which controlled the games since OoT, but by removing the Hero's Tunic, could they be going too far?
What do you think? Is Nintendo going to exclude it?
I personally think that they will incorporate it in somehow, but obviously not as early on as the others titles in the series.

Maybe it'll be the ultimate armour in this game, like how the Hylian Shield was the ultimate shield in SS.

What if you have to complete some
Really long side quest to get it and then it gives you resistance to all weather conditions (excluding maybe lightning) but then you wouldn't have to carry a round a set of warm and cold clothing you could just always have your magic green tunic or something that way it's not like it's a way over powered item but a nice reward for the long side quest, even if this isn't how they put the tunic in the game I'm sure that it's going to show up somewhere it's just a matter of how much searching we have to do to find it

Tibari

Rinkuji
Maybe the green tunic is destroyed in the past (maybe when Link is killed by Ganon?) so our hero has to craft it?
But this tunic will not be really useful in my opinion, it would be a fanservice cosmetic feature, like "I'm wearing the clothes of the hero yaay"
The green tunic in all zelda games is the less useful outfit, so I don't see why the green tunic would be powerful in BOTW.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
That all depends on whether Link is actually the hero. Which is most likely... But....

I think it kinda depends on timeline placement. I say this because if this is in the adult link timeline, it's possible that he doesn't wear it so he is not known as the hero, which would be why it is stated that a hero didn't come and Hyrule had to be flooded. Just a thought.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I think it'll be in the game somewhere, but it's hard to say how it will benefit the user. I think it would be hilarious if they added it and gave it no unique abilities, but let all the Zelda fans have their tunic. That actually kind of makes more sense than having a simple green tunic that has better magic abilities than any armor in the game, doesn't it? XD

I wouldn't be surprised if you get it fairly early on... the presentation so far could just be to create further ideas that this game is something new and different.

I believe the tunic is totally coming back, though, in a similar way to the Hylian Shield in Skyward Sword...
Edit: Also, forgot to mention, I would love to see the parry system of Skyward Sword again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom