• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will We Get Cinematics Like These? Possible Intro?

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
I was seeing the second video - http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/09/nintendo-3ds-conference-skyward-sword-details/ and i must say: holy crap that graphics are awesome!
I was wondering, Could that little video with superb graphics be Zelda Skyward Sword Intro? I mean that one you should get before the title screen, you know x)
And also, do you think we will get cinematics like these? of course not EVERY cinematic, only special ones, like when we finally encounter Zelda or something like that.
And yes, for people who don't know that graphics are possible for wii cinematics, look at Sonic and The black knight cinematics.

What you think?

... i can dream.

PS: yes i know that wii doesn't suport HD but i bet that video is HD and if anyone finds the download link of that video in HD please send it to me! Thanks!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That is CG work, I doubt the Wii could handle it but I may be wrong. And I do doubt that the menu trailer will be that specific video, but anything is possible at this moment.

And the cinematics seem to be in-engine work as well, but I could be wrong about that as well.

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Nah, it would suck to see this, then go back to Wii graphics.

That is CG work, I doubt the Wii could handle it but I may be wrong. And I do doubt that the menu trailer will be that specific video, but anything is possible at this moment.

And the cinematics seem to be in-engine work as well, but I could be wrong about that as well.

metroid other m's cg worked great. it could work on the wii but i don't think it's gonna be there, they would have said somthing about it by now. i don't really want cg though because it doesn't blend with in-game well

demonsxlr8

Yeah it could handle but as Cuju said it would be strange to see awesome graphics videos and then go back to in-game graphics, but wouldn't you like it? i mean in some games i just can't wait for the next awesome cutscene, i guess it could happen, maybe it will be strange, but awesome at the same time x)

demonsxlr8

yeah, dual layer discs are 8.5 GB right? and since wii can read them it could be possible, and due the countless content that Zelda SS will have i think it's really probable to use a Dual-Layer disc, like SSBB

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Perhaps for a wii U game in the same art style they could use these. I doubt they would have that though and switch to wii graphics.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The Wii could show a pre-rendered video but I'd rather have an orchestral video as an intro like Twilight Princess.

This is HD quality. The Wii is not built to handle HD. So, no. This was just a video to be epic.

The Wii can't output HD video, but it can handle cinematics of this caliber. Just look at games like monster hunter tri. The main thing about modern video games on PS3 and 360 is that the normal gameplay is HD. The Wii can't do that. High quality cutscenes are possible. However, they are not probable in a Zelda game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall a single pre-rendered cutscene in a Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom