• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will We Ever See Ganon Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Octo

=^)
It's been a LONG time since we've seen Ganon. His last appearance (not including remakes) was in Twilight Princess, which was actually quite a while ago. Since then, we've seen new antagonists with interesting stories, but their sum total never adds up to the King of Evil. The question is simple: will we ever see Ganon in a future Zelda title?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Of course we will. He's the generic villian of the Zelda franchise.

Since then, we've seen new antagonists with interesting stories, but their sum total never adds up to the King of Evil.

Umm, excuse me for saying, but... What ARE you talking about? I wouldn't go so far as to say all that. But that's just my opinion.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I agree. There isn't a Zelda villain that quite rivals Ganondorf in sheer awesome and evil. He is THE Zelda villain.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Since then, we've seen new antagonists with interesting stories, but their sum total never adds up to the King of Evil.

I personally think Majora was more evil than Ganon. It wanted to destroy a whole land, but not without torturing its inhabitants and ruining their lifes first. It even wanted to kill them all in the middle of their biggest festival. On the other side, Ganon destroyed many places in Ocarina of Time, but he left one alone for some reason: Kakariko Village. Why didn't he do anything to the people there? Signs of mercy are displayed there (well, it seems to me). While both are responsable for unspeakable deeds, I think Majora gets the edge here.

The question is simple: will we ever see Ganon in a future Zelda title?

Sure, he seems to have a decently sized group who favor him. I wouldn't mind giving him a break, though.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Just a fun fact I read somewhere: During the seven years in which Ganondorf rules Hyrule in OoT, oly one person actually dies: Dampé, whereas Link is killing a lot of beings in amuch shorter time^^
But on a more serious note, like it's been said before Majora really competes with Ganondorf when it's coming to evilness.
And personally I have a strong feeling that we will see Ganondorf again in Zelda Wii U.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I think Majora isn't necessarily evil.

Evil, to me, requires ambition. Evil has goals. Majora was chaos incarnate; its ostensibly playful nature, combined with its lack of real motive rules out the idea of Majora being "evil".

skybird11

state alchemist
i think we will definately see ganon(dorf) again. miyamoto knows many zelda fans see ganon(dorf) as a zelda necessity for future games. (that was hard to word)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's only been 5 years, and the reason he wasn't in the DS games was because Ganondorf was killed off in WW to never return on the AT. He died in TP, too, but it's possible he can still come back, as if he truly died is called into question by numerous reasons. So I do believe we will see him again, possibly in the WiiU title.

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
Whether we particularly enjoy his presence or not, Ganondorf has shown himself as a series staple of sorts. The bearer of the Triforce of Power and he who invaded the Sacred Realm makes him an extremely powerful asset in the series canon. As it has been said several times above, the King of Evil seems to have met his end in both potential timelines (the split timeline theory was pretty much confirmed by Mr. Aonuma). It does not escape me that he may one day be found crouched in the depths of the Great Sea. Of course, whether or not he is able to be reveived is a matter of debate, though, in a Zelda game, I think it is quite possible. I, personally, would love to see the Gerudo King of Thieves revived and brought back to the world above the waves long after Hyrule has been rebuilt in another far away land. Would he assume control of Wind Waker's world, using it as a foothold to eventually invade "New Hyrule"? Would he be met with resistance by the locals? Would another Hero rise from WW's territory? Would the "New Hyrule" Link be forced to seek him out? This all would make for a rather intriguing storyline.
We must remember that TP's Ganondorf may not necessarily be dead, so we may expect to see him in a later game. Remember, Ganon is present in the 2D games, making for potential placement after the events of Spirit Tracks and Twilight Princess. (Yes, they could have transpired before SS, but that would mean the events took place before the forging of the Master Sword and founding of Hyrule. Possible? Yes. Likely? Far from it.) This means, he could either be reincarnated or revived. Of course, the Zelda timeline is a rather touchy topic, and it is best to be debated elsewhere.
Might we see Ganon(dorf) in Skyward Sword? The possibility cannot entirely be ruled out, though I do not suspect we will see him as a major villain. Perhaps we will see his earlier years, as SS has been said to lead up to the events of OoT.
Will we see Ganon in a game again? It is more than likely that we will.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
It's been a LONG time since we've seen Ganon. His last appearance (not including remakes) was in Twilight Princess, which was actually quite a while ago. Since then, we've seen new antagonists with interesting stories, but their sum total never adds up to the King of Evil. The question is simple: will we ever see Ganon in a future Zelda title?

I never thought Ganon(/dorf) was all that great of an antagonist, especially in Twilight Princess, and I though he was awesome in Wind Waker, but I don't see The Legend of Zelda necessarilly needing him. Basically, if you have a Zelda, a protagonist (who you can conveniently name Link; as ALttP showed us, not even his hair color and as MC showed us, his hat aren't important, it's just his courage given by the buttons you press) and an antagonist are necessary to playing the game, and thus you have the basic recipe for a good Zelda game.

Back on topic, I believe that we'll see him again, but I don't necessarily think that's the best course of action.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
ganon is the main villan but if ure thinking about the timeline because he died on both ends you cant forget he can be revieved :ganondorf:
Yeah, if Nintendo want to have Ganon again, they will reintroduce him in some way. We need to remember that even though we killed him and obtained his Triforce in LoZ, he could still be theoretically revived in AoL if Link died (just think about that Game Over screen). So no worries that Nintendo has no more possibilities to bring him back, they will come up with something, after all Hyrule is a magical land where not everything has to make perfect real-world sense.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
(don't feel like reading all the replies, so please excuse this if it has already been said)

Ganon's the main Zelda villian, of course we're gonna see him again! You all know Nintendo, they like keeping it fresh. Also, if you believe in the Split Timeline, we haven't seen Ganon because there are no new games on the Child(?) side of the timeline. That's the last time we saw Ganon (Twilight Princess) when he got stabbed. But, his last line:
Do not think this ends here... The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!

This implies that he'd not gone for good. The Triforce of Power may have left him, but that doesn't mean anything. In Ocarina of Time, Ganon didn't have the Triforce of Power till you opened the Door of Time.

Long story short, we'll see him again.

B

batlleonlol

twilght princes wasnt that far back theres only been 2 games since it of course ganons gona return hes the zelda vilain he is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom