• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Valorant Be Able to Compete with Overwatch and Counter Strike?

If you haven't heard, Riot Games announced their new FPS, Valorant, earlier today: https://playvalorant.com/en-us/

It looks like a combination of Counterstrike gameplay with Overwatch art style and some added unique gimmicks of its own.

But will it be able to compete with those giants?

I think so. Riot has been massively successful entering the MOBA genre with League of Legends and the same will come true with Valorant and FPS games. Riot is also better at franchising than Blizzard.

I dont think anything will topple Overwatch at this point but it might do well.

Probably certainly better than Lawbreakers and Battleborn did.

I don't like FPS games though so I won't be trying it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It seems... derivative. :dry: But at least it doesn't sound like a totally cynical cash-in.

It looks like they're mashing together Rainbow Six with Overwatch. At least they're not just aping Overwatch but they're definitely leeching off current trends. At least it appears as though they've taken a couple of solid ones and put them together in what could conceivably be a unique mix. There's at least some creativity in that.

It remains to be seen, however, whether the market can support another hero shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom