• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will they remake ST and PH with better controls?

Will They Be Remade With Better Controls

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
They had touch screen controls that are universally disliked. Will they be remade but with reimagined controls?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't think so. The games weren't popular enough to warrant a remake, and are very different from the direction Zelda seems to be going.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I voted Yes because I want them to be, though I don't think it's likely. I never had any real issue with the touch screen controls, but I just want a library of all the Zelda games on the Switch and that includes these two. Spirit Tracks also happens to be one of my favorite games, so I would love to play an upgraded version of it.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Bestselling what? Total? DS? Handheld?
It's not total, I can tell you that right now.
DS? Not exactly strong competition.
Handheld? Surprising, but possible I guess.
I saw some data that showed overall that PH is the top for one of those 2 categories. I don't remember which, but know that it is popular in Japan

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would doubt it. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were entirely designed around hardware in more ways than controls. Items, enemies, visuals, level design, everything was made with the DS in mind. Remaking either game for hardware that lacks the unique features of the DS would be difficult. For example, how would you translate that one puzzle in Phantom Hourglass that requires you to close the DS to the Switch?

Not saying it'd never happen — Lord knows Nintendo love a re-release — but I don't think it's likely because of the amount of difficulty they'd have with the game's original design compared to other titles.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Some people like weird things. I am sure there is some gamer out there who thinks Wand of Gamelon is the best Zelda game.

I would not be terribly surprised if there are plenty of PH superfans

Quin

Disaster Master
If the game was build for original controls it might have been better, but as the games are now they are build for touch and it wouldn't be the same without them. Too many items are build for touch screen and that was also the best use of it. Having to move around with them was terrible though. Ive been playing a rom of both games that have a mod added to them that lets you move and attack with the D-pad and I've been enjoying it a bit more, but like others said the games had more problems than control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom