• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Ever Be a Super Smash Bros. 4?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Well, as many of you have pointed out, I wouldn't think that Nintendo would discontinue anything that is making them a good profit.

Okay, this is a bit off topic but If they was going to be a new Super Smash Bros. I'd definitely want to have the Happy Mask Salesmen as a playable character. He would be able to wear the masks and change into a Goron, a Zora, and a Deku scrub. His final smash would be being able to use Majora's Mask and play as Majora's Wrath or something for a limited period of time.

NES

Awesome
Let's think here. Is Nintendo really going to discontinue a popular franchise that rakes in cash? Is Nintendo really gonna let down fans worldwide? Is Nintendo really gonna leave us with a below average game like Brawl? Your answer is most likely no. Nintendo puts forth much effort for a reasonable price. If you're going to think they won't make another SSB title, then they won't because they'll think you don't want them to.

Well said. Nintendo tends to not discontinue games that are making them tons of money. Just look at Mario.

Of course there will be a 4th Super Smash Bros, they make too much money to stop making them.
However, don't expect to see the next Smash Bros till Nintendo's next console.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I dunno. The "Brawl to end them all" bit seems to suggest that they're through with SSBB. If there is ever another one, I doubt we'd see it until the next console. And I don't mean the WiiDS.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Yes, probably. A fighting game was one of the few things missing from Nintendo's franchises. They have a platformer, racer, and sports games in Mario, an RTS in Metroid, and an action/adventure in Zelda. Super Smash Bros. fills the "fighter" void.

I don't know if there will be another one for the Wii (it depends on how much longer the Wii sticks around), but I believe there will be another for their next system.

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I've played the first & third SSB, & both of them are good. I'm not really sure if a 4th one is a good idea right now, but in about 4-6 years when Nintendo release more platformers, it's a good idea. SSBB raked in a lot of cash of the big guys, & it's very popular. Mixing all of Nintendo's most famous characters into one game works very well in my opinion. But, not right now.

Zarom

The King
Like most people have said, Nintendo would never stop making a series when it earns them so much money and is very popular. With each installment, the games only get better and better. And yes, I believe there will be a SSB4, but I don't think it will be for the Wii. One SSB per console is great IMO. So they will surely release one when the Wii's life span will be over, when they'll have a new console. We will have to wait until at least 2015 for a new SSB game.

There better be a new installment, I love the series so much. Unlike most people I thought that Brawl was a great improvement from Melee, besides the fact that it was easier as a whole. The next one will probably be on Nintendo's next console, unless the Wii sticks around for a LONG time. It is a huge money maker for them and it has a huge fanbase. I know people who bought a Wii just to get and play Brawl.

One thing that I think Nintendo should do is make a DS installment of the game, even if it is just a Super Smash Bros. 64 DS. I remember I made a thread on this a LONG while back, but its probably still buried here somewhere, I'll pull up the control scheme I made if I can find it or anyone would want to see it.

SSBDSlayout..jpg

Note: The Shield and Grab buttons are L and R, I didn't get a good angle.

Last edited:
I like the control scheme Master Link, but I think "X" should be a jump button and "Select" be the taunt action.

They probably will make a Super Smash Bros. 4, but I don't think of it as Nintendo makes it. Making these games is Hal Laboratory's responsibility. Whether they make it for the Wii or the next generation consoles, there will probably be a fourth one. But I think Hal Laboratory should focus on that Kirby Wii game they canceled for Brawl (or so I've heard of a Kirby game for the Wii. I don't know if it was real or not, I just saw pictures and an article).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom