• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Ever Be a Super Smash Bros. 4?

Kazumi

chagy
This is a question that I have been thinking quite a bit about recently. Will there be a SSB4? Was it said somewhere that there will not be one ever? If they do make one, will it be for Wii or the next gen Nintendo console. And please. Please, for the love of all things sparkly soft, This is not a speculation thread! I really don't care if you want Master Chief in SSB4, because you and I both know that it will never happen.

I think that if they do decide to make a SSB4, that it will be for Nintendo's next system. I do not think that they need another one for the Wii, and it would be good to follow the trend of one SSB per system. There was SSB for N64, SSBM for GC, and SSBB for Wii.

Now, what do you think about a Super Smash Bros. 4? Which system will it be for? Will there even BE a SSB4? Discuss.

Let's think here. Is Nintendo really going to discontinue a popular franchise that rakes in cash? Is Nintendo really gonna let down fans worldwide? Is Nintendo really gonna leave us with a below average game like Brawl? Your answer is most likely no. Nintendo puts forth much effort for a reasonable price. If you're going to think they won't make another SSB title, then they won't because they'll think you don't want them to.

Let's think here. Is Nintendo really going to discontinue a popular franchise that rakes in cash? Is Nintendo really gonna let down fans worldwide? Is Nintendo really gonna leave us with a below average game like Brawl? Your answer is most likely no. Nintendo puts forth much effort for a reasonable price. If you're going to think they won't make another SSB title, then they won't because they'll think you don't want them to.

This.

But mostly:

Is Nintendo really going to discontinue a popular franchise that rakes in cash?

This.

They will continue anything that makes them money. It's like with movies. They make a good first one, then make a second one which is horrible, then a make a third one which is really good. But eventually it'll get to the point where they've drawn it out so much it'll get boring and ruin it. Like with Shrek. The first one was good. The second one was okay. The third one was piss. To my knowledge their planning on make like 2 more. It just doesn't end.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I definitely believe there will be a fourth in the series for the same reasons as above. They keep mentioning it often in press announcements when people ask questions about hardcore titles, so they definitely haven't forgot about it.

As for the system, I would imagine they would be holding it back for a Wii 2. They have only had one on a system in the past for one thing. Also because of the replayability of the title, I image they are not going to rush out a sequel when the original isn't tired out yet.

Even though they are having 2 Mario Galaxies, 2 Zeldas* and 2 Metroids, Brawl is a different kind of game that's got a longer play life, so I really don't really think they'll pump out another one just yet.

*I marked "2 Zeldas" since it's really only 1.5 as TP was a New Play Control title in reality.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I bet my Tunic that there will be a SSB 4. It takes a LONG time to make it afterall, It took SSBB like what? 2-4 years i think or even longer so it is likely it will take the game to be made in say...........4 to 5 years mate.

i believe the wth one will be the best game yet, many characters were in SSBB, bet there will be more in the next one

They will continue anything that makes them money. It's like with movies. They make a good first one, then make a second one which is horrible, then a make a third one which is really good. But eventually it'll get to the point where they've drawn it out so much it'll get boring and ruin it. Like with Shrek. The first one was good. The second one was okay. The third one was piss. To my knowledge their planning on make like 2 more. It just doesn't end.

First of all, I disagree with your insulting Melee and making Brawl the better one. Brawl was good, but Ike and Lucario were awful, Tabuu sucks, and Melee has better stages than the ones in Brawl.

But I digress, if you put faith in Nintendo and post what you want to see in the next games, Nintendo won't screw up most likely.

Exactly. As Josh and fredthehylian said Nintnedo won't discontinue something that makes as much money as ssb. They'll probably make ssb4 for the next gen nintendo console. Possibly the Super Wii that's destined to happen.

Exactly our points. But the Wii is still young enough for there to be an SSB4 on it.

F

fallen angel

yea i agree with mostly everyone here... its way too popular of a game for them to no make a new part to it...they gotta keep their customers happy and the money flowin'.

First of all, I disagree with your insulting Melee and making Brawl the better one. Brawl was good, but Ike and Lucario were awful, Tabuu sucks, and Melee has better stages than the ones in Brawl.

I could refer you to a Melee vs. Brawl thread. Basically, Brawl is Melee with more. Only difference is a few stages, and the best ones were given to Brawl anyway. Different arguement for a different thread though,

On the topic of SSB4, yeah, no doubt in my mind. Not only have they started an insanely popular series with both Nintendo and non-Nintendo fans alike, but they're making a hage amount of money off it. Brawl is the single fastes selling game in Nintendo history. Ditching it is a bad move, and I can't see anything to lose from another one, seeing as they keep getting better and better over time. Wii it be on Wii? Well, we can assume Brawl was under development for a good six or seven years. I really don't see another game as good as Brawl coming out if they push one out before the Wii's life span is over.

I could refer you to a Melee vs. Brawl thread. Basically, Brawl is Melee with more. Only difference is a few stages, and the best ones were given to Brawl anyway. Different arguement for a different thread though,

On the topic of SSB4, yeah, no doubt in my mind. Not only have they started an insanely popular series with both Nintendo and non-Nintendo fans alike, but they're making a hage amount of money off it. Brawl is the single fastes selling game in Nintendo history. Ditching it is a bad move, and I can't see anything to lose from another one, seeing as they keep getting better and better over time. Wii it be on Wii? Well, we can assume Brawl was under development for a good six or seven years. I really don't see another game as good as Brawl coming out if they push one out before the Wii's life span is over.

Right, right, sorry.

Well, the thing about having another one on the Wii spawns a problem: the Wii's life span and the time needed to make a good one. The Wii is nearing the middle checkpoint of it's lifespan. The next part of it's life span is going to last (according to my calculations) about 3-5 more years. Not quite enough time to make a better game. Most likely, SSB4 will go on the next console Nintendo puts out not by trend, rather by time.

Eh.

That quote was more toward the movies fred. Melee is the best out of the three, easily. I was more saying like, if you've ever seen the ocean's movies. 11 was good, 12 was horrible, and 13 was good.

Eh.

That quote was more toward the movies fred. Melee is the best out of the three, easily. I was more saying like, if you've ever seen the ocean's movies. 11 was good, 12 was horrible, and 13 was good.

Oh sorry. I like the way you said that, but the comparison is off topic. Though I sure am one to talk. BTW please don't call me Fred, just call me Fth.

Steve

5/19/13
While I am positive Nintendo would not end this franchise, considering it's their largest fanbase, I cannot see Sakurai returning and making more games. Originally Brawl wasn't even going to be a reality, as it was dropped upon Skaurai, who wasn't even planning one, at the last minute. I would see Iwota taking full control of the series, or possible Miyamoto filling in Sakura's place. As for the game itself, I can't say he picked the best of characters for Brawl (though it was definitely the best out of the three), I think it would be interesting if character choice was more interactive, and more widely poll-based this time.

While I am positive Nintendo would not end this franchise, considering it's their largest fanbase, I cannot see Sakurai returning and making more games. Originally Brawl wasn't even going to be a reality, as it was dropped upon Skaurai, who wasn't even planning one, at the last minute. I would see Iwota taking full control of the series, or possible Miyamoto filling in Sakura's place. As for the game itself, I can't say he picked the best of characters for Brawl (though it was definitely the best out of the three), I think it would be interesting if character choice was more interactive, and more widely poll-based this time.

Off topic you are. You made some interesting points, but can you please state your opinion on SSB4 like the rest of us? Though I'm one to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom