• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will there be more ideas taken from Oracle games and the Minish Cap?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
A fan favorite of all the 120 Shrines that Breath of the Wild gave us was Eventide Island. Stripped of all of your equipment, you must follow a set puzzle of accquiring new gear and using your creativity to solve the island's challenge.

It sounds familiar because it's a feature that was before seen in Oracle of Ages' Crescent Island, where you were stripped of all of your equipment.

In the concept art for Breath of the Wild, the team reveals that they wanted to put Minish people in BotW, but ultimately decided not to.

Breath of the Wild was directed by Hidemaro Fujibayashi, the director of the Oracle games and the Minish Cap. He is confirmed to be back in the director's chair or Breath of the Wild 2.

So there's a slight possibility that more ideas from his previous game will make an appearance in the next game.

What would you like to see?

I personally was very happy that the small people in he BotW concept art didnt get in because I found the idea very tacky.
I found it tacky in MC as well and is a big part of why i didnt really enjoy the game.

If anything, I'd like to see some aninal buddies return. I know we have horses and bikes etc to ride in BotW, but I'd like something like Moosh to return a bear that can fly, or Dimitri to better navigate water instead of hopping with cryonis or needing to carry a leaf to operate rafts.

Though I doubt we'll get any of that.

I don't recall a ton of people being pleased with Eventide Isle. Many people tended to be annoyed at automatically losing all their crap in Ages and Skyward. In fact, someone found a way around it on Eventide.

I'd be down for the transformation rings. That could be a very fun system where you hafta infiltrate enemy strongholds and work puzzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom