• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Be Any More 2D Zeldas?!

With newer, better graphics mean more 3D Zeldas...... but although I perfer
3D to 2D.... I am missing the 2D Zeldas. Will they come back? I can only hope for now, but personally I think in time demand will force Nintendo to make a Zelda that still has beautiful graphics, just very polished 2D.... in time...

But for those of us who own a 360 and have no idea what wiiware is, I added this. Just kidding, although I really don't know what wiiware is, I mean for DS.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
But for those of us who own a 360 and have no idea what wiiware is, I added this. Just kidding, although I really don't know what wiiware is, I mean for DS.

Ok in that case. I think Nintendo is going to pull an FSA on us, I mean if you look at FSA and see the console it's on, you'll know that Nintendo doesn't give up on 2D.

Wiiware is like XBLA for the Wii.

I would hope they do more 2d zelda's, becuase they are likely ot ocme out on things like the Ds or thingsl ike that- If they do 3d zeldas, they probably will be on the Wii. Which I odntr have, so I hope they od more 2d's.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
im sure there will be another 2D Zelda. the 2 1/2D games are good, but the graphics leave little memory for big plot and dungeons. the dungeons in PH were very short and easy. the 2D games have elaborate dungeons and much more to the story than PH did IMO. the creators were most likely just seeing what they can do with the DS. it worked out well, but im sure we will see some sort of 2D Zelda game in the future.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I really hope 2-D isn't gone for good, but it seems new retail titles are at least in the 2.5-D style. I think WiiWare would be a great place to showcase a new Four Swords game, or something similar in that ALttP style. With the popularity of Mega Man 9 being a brand new game in 2-D 8-bit graphics, I don't think they'll ever say never, but it's probably not as likely as it once was.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Probabaly not. After WW, I think they quit their buisness with 2D games. Although they could do one some time.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well so far nintendo doesn't seem to have plans to make another 2-d zelda but i really don't miss the 2-d zeldas. granted they were great and i did enjoy them but 3-d just completely annhialates 2-d games.:cool:

Bellum i don't agree with you. while they did use the same cell-shaded graphics for Minish Cap it was indeed a true full-fledged 2-d zelda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom