• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Will There Be a Variation on Dungeon Music?

Salem

SICK
I might just be a really minor issue, but I kinda worried that most of the dungeons will only feature two or three repetitive themes for all 12 hypothetical dungeons.

For previous DS Zelda games, there was little variation in dungeon themes, that's not counting the "Master dungeons", in PH, all dungeons bar the Ghost ship have the same theme. ST was slightly better as it has two themes for t's regular dungeons.

The handheld games weren't always like this, in fact, LA is the pioneer of having different themes for each dungeon.

What do guys think about this? Do think there will be a lot of different music for the dungeons or not? Or do you even care about this at all or not?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I hope so. LttP's light world dungeon theme, while fitting, isn't something I would listen to just because. After the intro it's just the same over and over. Haven't gotten to the dark world dungeons yet so idk if they do the same thing or not.

I think they will most likely have a light world dungeon theme and a dark world dungeon one, or whatever the "other world" is. If they do I hope they improve what they had for LttP. But it would be awesomer if each dungeon had its own song.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
I don't know. I'm kinda scared that they're being lazy with the music and just using remastered/mixed 16 bitty tracks from ALttP. This would be fine with the overworlds because they're incredible, but I hope the dungeon themes do differ, to give them a different feel - something that the 3DS can very comfortably do in terms of visuals and coupled with music will be very good.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, the theme heard in the dungeon part of the demo is a (very heavy) remix of the original Light World dungeon theme, so it's possible that's what we'll be hearing in every Light World dungeon this time around. If that's the case, then the same will probably apply to the dungeons in the Dark World.

We've only heard music from one dungeon, though, so it can't be said for sure either way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm pretty sure we'll be getting only one or two unique dungeon themes this time around...ALBW looks like a minimalist kind of game anyway.

Salem

SICK
If the music fits the feel of the dungeons, I'd be fine with one track for all of them.
Ah, I wonder how one theme can fit the feel of many different dungeons, this is a modern Zelda, I think they will try harder to make each dungeon feel more different the other, since this one is said to have the same number of dungeons, having 3 different themes at most is MORE repetitive than say only 6 like PH or ST

I'm pretty sure we'll be getting only one or two unique dungeon themes this time around...ALBW looks like a minimalist kind of game anyway.
What?, what do you mean?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I hope they have some variations but I'm not getting my hopes up. They'll probably just redo the two dungeon themes from ALttP and then have a brand new one for the final dungeon.

I think it'd be cool if the dungeons after the first 3 all have the same theme but with different variations depending on the dungeon. Like little special sound effects or beats or something

Salem

SICK
I think it'd be cool if the dungeons after the first 3 all have the same theme but with different variations depending on the dungeon. Like little special sound effects or beats or something
You mean like different "instruments" like in Banjo Kazooie? I actually had this idea for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom