• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Be A Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Will There Be A Super Mario Galaxy 3?
The Super Mario Galaxy franchise was one of my favorite game series when I was a child. It seemed that after the second game the series was over. Things were quiet and Nintendo seemed to have left it behind, but lately there have been many references popping up in the newer games that relate to super Mario galaxy, along with Rosalina popping up EVERYWHERE! What are your thoughts? Has Nintendo simply referenced a great game series or are they planning a sequel?

Salem

SICK
I highly doubt it, if they make one, they may not name it "galaxy".

The bigger question is where os Super Mario 64 2?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
"franchise" is WAY to excessive of a term for those games
they made their 3d mario for wii which is galaxy,and they made the sequel out of unused ideas....that's all there is to it

i'm doubtful they'll make a 3rd one,i'd rather have an original mario platformer for the wii u that ISN'T a sequel

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I hope so. Mario Galaxy is so whimsical, magical and wonderful, unlike A CERTAIN SERIES THAT A CERTAIN FORUM IS BASED UPON HMMMM. Mario Galaxy has left the biggest impression on me in terms of Mario games. Everything just feels and sounds great. And Mario Galaxy 3 (which would most likely be a Wii U title) would be even more gorgeous and wonderful.

Sheik

:the:
I think Nintendo has moved on from the Galaxy series, so I'm expecting the next 3D Mario game to be something new. I'd prefer it to be that way, actually, because while I do quite adore the Galaxy games, we could use something completely fresh.

the reason why we Got MG2 was because they had alot of left over ideas and elements from MG1. so in a way MG2 was Like an Extension of MG1 then a sequel. so instead of DLC for extra levels they just made a 2nd game out of it.
Its Unusual for a Nintendo console to have multiple Mario Games like that. But i do enjoy Both games... I was kinda hoping for a Mario galaxy 3DS.. Or Super Mario Universe. the anti gravity can be such fun in levels.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I agree with Ugea in the Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt like an extension to Super Mario Galaxy, but this is not a bad thing. I hope they do have a Super Mario Galaxy 3, and I would play it whether or not it felt like a continuation of Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Fig

The Altruist
Back in November 2013, Nintendo was interviewed by A Wild Podcast Appears and based on what stated on the interview, it seems that Nintendo is not done with Super Mario Galaxy, which means a third installment to the series is practically canon by this point. Now I'm not sure if Nintendo will reveal that in this year's E3 but who knows. If Nintendo doesn't reveal SMG3, I'm fine because Nintendo doesn't go back in its words and it would also be alright with me since I'm sure they want to focus on other series as well though at the same time it could really be beneficial for them if they do reveal later on today and since both installments of the Super Mario Galaxy series are great games and must-buys back on the Wii, this could also push sales for the Wii U much like how Mario Kart 8 did and most likely Zelda U and Smash 4 will do the same thing theoretically speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom