• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Be a Death Mountain in Skyward Sword?

Garo

Boy Wonder
A smoke ring can be replaced with just smoke as a design choice. Everything doesn't have to do with the timeline!!

The smoke ring was a distinctive factor of the OoT Death Mountain though. Since we don't currently have any information about the mountain in Skyward Sword except an image, the lack of a smoke ring is enough to - for the time being - create some trepidation in labelling the Death Mountain of OoT.

Pen

The game is on!
Well, I have a small theory on this actually.

We have seen the Mogmas in the E3 2011 SS trailer, there they were located in a landscape very similar to what Death Mountain looks like in TP, so I think it is Death Mountain. In the later Comic Con SS trailer we saw an actual Goron, however, he was located in the forest. Now I think that the Gorons originally were forest living creatures, and that the Mogmas were the ones who lived in the mountains. It is possible that some time during the game the Mogmas somehow leave Hyrule (they all die, or they abandon the kingdom). After those events the Gorons, who after all is a rock tribe, will settle down in Death Mountain and live there happily together until Ganon makes Death Mountain a dark and evil place in LoZ on the Child Timeline, or until the entire Kingdom of Hyrule is flooded in the events before WW on the Adult Timeline.

Last edited:

IHNo

The Other Side
Death Mountain? I sure hope so. The picture that Cuju posted seems to suggest it's presence (I certainly don't see why it wouldn't be included). I'm also hoping for Lake Hylia. And some Zoras.

Death Mountain
Lost Woods
Lake Hylia

I'm willing to be all of these will be in the game.

Actually, you can see two of these locations in the very first trailer from E3 2010. Towards the end of the trailer when the whip is demonstrated, there is one point where he is standing on a ledge on a tall tall tree. In the background you clearly see Death Mountain and Zora's Domain, perfectly in place according tho the maps from OoT and ALttP.

The only issue with this is if that trailer was a just mockup done to promote/demonstrate the game. For example, in Super Mario Galaxy, the early trailers featured an area not found in the finished game.

Zora's domain? Where? Please share.

edit: All I saw were some small waterfalls, and it seems to be in the same are where the demo takes place.

Last edited:
"View" is a screenshot from the trailer, while "Map" is where such a view would be expected. The circles and arrows added indicates location and field of view. None of the later trailers has shown anything of the undercloud-world, which may be a bit concerning.

The square in red on the OoT map indicates the borders of the ALttP map.

What we know for sure is that they will try to not make the game as vast as TP. If you read the interviews, you will see that the development process for TP went out of hand and the balance between volume and contnent was lost (what's the point of having a big field if there really is nothing of interest there?). Miyamoto almost had to single-handed guide the project in the right direction to save it from disaster. This time with Skyward Sword, they have learnt their lession and they will focus more on smaller areas with higher density of contnent.

Attachments

• View.jpg
    View.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
By the way, you can see some rocky path in a splitsecond during the E3 brief roundtable sumary posted on Nintendo's E3-related webpage. Looking closely, there is quite a lot of bombflowers there too, so I think this sort of (almost) confirms the fact. It seems to at least be spiritually the same as Death Mountain in OoT.

By the way, that fragmented cog-thing under the rupie-counter has something to do with something which has yet to be explained. Just moments after, an unknown aim-able item not seen in the demos or teasers is being used.

Attachments

• Rocky path.jpg
    Rocky path.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Um...I wasn't talking about the "timeline". (Seriously, chill out.) Plus, it was to determine if the mountain was calm or not. Oh, and what I was meaning was that we can't say it's the one from Ocarina of Time due to the ring thing. It can be Death Mountain, but not the design of OoT.
It does not have a ring there at that time however I believe and I think Axle said he believes that volvagia will show up in this game. I think perhaps when that happens a dark cloud will appear around death mountain.

By the way, you can see some rocky path in a splitsecond during the E3 brief roundtable sumary posted on Nintendo's E3-related webpage. Looking closely, there is quite a lot of bombflowers there too, so I think this sort of (almost) confirms the fact. It seems to at least be spiritually the same as Death Mountain in OoT.

By the way, that fragmented cog-thing under the rupie-counter has something to do with something which has yet to be explained. Just moments after, an unknown aim-able item not seen in the demos or teasers is being used.

Damn, you beat me to it :P I was about to post the same image...
Anyway, there are bombflowers. So it's Death Mountain.

EDIT: The unknown item is the Skyward Sword's Dowsing Mode, used to search for treasure.

T

Twilight Comet

I'm cool with whatever, but how did it start as a place for the final boss but now its where all the gorons live?

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
EDIT: The unknown item is the Skyward Sword's Dowsing Mode, used to search for treasure.

Actually the unknown item is the pieces of the key the player is required to find using the Dowsing Mode to open the temple. That's why it's partly complete.

I highly believe that Death Mountain will be in SS. It almost has to be, cause a mountain wouldn't form in 100 years. and being set in original Hyrlule and being before OoT, it wouldn't make sense if Death Mountain wasn't in SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom