• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will The Sky Really Be That Big? (unsure)

I know, the reps and previewers are saying that the Sky will be very big and all. So why all the portals for the land areas showed so far (green, red and yellow beacons) are so close to the Skyloft Village?

Why? Well, it only makes sense and I did speculated on this months ago. The Sky portals must be directly above the areas, if the portals are faaar away from each other, that means that the areas bellow will be as well very distant from each, making it very painful to travel even with Epona...

Being so close to eachother means that they are most likely connected and reachable by land.

I know, theres a World Map option, that will display a zoomed out more ample map. But how much more ample?
Skyward-Sword-Sky-Map.jpg

To me, they ended up working around it this way: Most of the areas will very near the Skyloft, some will be farther away, but separated by the sea showed in the recent videos (so much of The Sky area will be above the sea). And probably some of the (final) areas will be only reachable from The Sky, but not connected to the others at all. And the other things in the Sky, like treasure, islands, challenges etc. as they do not need to be directly above anything in the land, they will be more scattered in the fartest parts of the Sky.

What do you guys think?

The thing is, we have no idea how many "areas" there will be in the game. There's no way to say more about the Sky Map without knowing the amount and size of the area below.
Also, what sea are you talking about?

If you watch the new trailer posted in the Japanese Skyward Sword site. It shows Link in a boat during the Skyward Sword clips. Well at least it looks like he is in a boat.

Yeah, but that's far from a sea, from what I can tell. But then again, it would be very interesting.

it's a boat, and there is a damn big pirate ship shown both in the demo and the new trailer, that sails in the same waters.

i don't care how long the game is and see it for the plus side we get a boat ww style and a bird ss style what next a hovercraft or the train from st i like riding on the see and flying in the sky :)

I agree, saying that means sea/ocean is taking it a little too far. But I would guess that means you will have to travel a good bit, as we also see Link swimming. So if the traveling was short I would think Nintendo would just have us swim it.

Yeah, but that's far from a sea, from what I can tell. But then again, it would be very interesting.
well, if it's a large portion of water/landscape it fits the purpose in my argument. Call it whatever you want, there are big ships sailing in it.

And I don't believe that there will be enough areas to fill a Sky much larger showed in the videos, large non populated areas like a big lake/sea or non accessible (background only) are needed.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Because Hyrule is a prodigious, unexplored territory only inhabited by enemies and who-knows-what else. Nintendo wanted to make this massive since it will be explored by us, through Link, and eventually charted out. Of course it will shrink over time, but this adventure will be worth the 50+ hours. :)

In fact Yona made a point when he said that will depends on how many areas there will be in the game, the info about its lenght is a good hint that we´re going to get a extense game, but let´s not forget that, this time we´ll be "backtracking" more, repllaying the same areas, and that the overworld will be much more dense(hard to progress almost like a dungeon), plus all the new gimmicks of upgrading etc. My point is: even knowing that the game will be 50h long, doesn´t mean that the game will have tons and tons of areas. I mean, ok, it may have like 20 areas like in forest demo (and, let´s say 8-10 of them leading to dungeons or sub-dungeons), even so its not enough to fill a Sky that is much larger than what is shown in that map screenshot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom