• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Will the Remake change alot?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
As we all know nintendo has a habit of shelling out Remakes to third party companies sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good, some things are lost in the remake, such as the atmosphere in MM

So the question is, will LA live up to our expectations and idea of what the remake could be or will it fall flat? Will it have what was strictly in the game at the time or will they feel the need to foist another watering hole on us? Or hell will they remove the Op power of the boomerang?

Zachie

Moo
Honestly, judging by the look of the trailer that they showed us I don't think they'll change much at all. Link's Awakening has always been a weird game in the Zelda series and I think that's part of the charm. Hopefully they keep it that way.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm hoping they don't change anything in the game, it was great as it was, made you think about how to access dungeons, i do feel the boomerang will get a nerf

Zachie

Moo
I'm hoping they don't change anything in the game, it was great as it was, made you think about how to access dungeons, i do feel the boomerang will get a nerf
Don't really remember LA as much as other games, I think it may have been the first Zelda game I played honestly but it still stumps me on certain parts to this day so I hope it's majority the same too.

I doubt they'll add much or change much.

If i'm honest LAremake looks too much like a remake going off the art style alone.

The original game had a different looking Link in the opening than the one you played as within the dream (proof when you take a picture in the photo shop). And the remake does too, LA on the GB did the best with what it had and the remake on Switch which is capable of so much more has stuck so true to the source that the art style has put off a lot of people.

If they're sticking that close to the source for the art style i imagine theyll stick true to the content.

Best i'm hoping for are quality of life enhancements.

Last edited:

Zachie

Moo
I doubt they'll add much or change much.

If i'm honest LAremake looks too much like a remake going off the art style alone.

The original game had a different looking Link in the opening than the one you played as within the dream (proof when you take a picture in thr photo shop). And the remake does too, LA on the GB did the best with what it had and the remake on Switch which is capable of so much more has stuck so true to the source that the art style has put off a lot of people.

If they're stucking that close to the source for the art style i imagine theyll stick true to the content.

Best i'm hoping for are quality of life enhancements.
Remake's gotta remake. :p

Personally I love the art style, and it really adds to the experience for me. It's definitely a remake just like Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask 3D were, and I hope this means they're preparing for remakes of the Oracle games!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't expect much to be changed. It's been a while since I played LA and I don't remember too much of it. But I don't expect much changes. Maybe some of the tools perhaps and maybe a map function or something. But not too much

Only thing we all know from the trailer is that it's getting a visual upgrade. Other than that, I just hope some audio files are tweaked to be easier on the ears, especially the one tune that I grew up loving as a kid. Stairs at "The Ballad of the Windfish"

Major changes though, I doubt they'll do anything.

I Sure hope not;

There's one thing I Wanna see; and that is How the Legendary Thief cutscene will look in HD, Complete with the angry Shopkeeper's Laser beam of Death Attack. . .

I guess one thing I'm thinking is... the DX version added a color dungeon because the new platform supported color. Will this remake add some other feature that uses the unique hardware as well? Will it replace the color dungeon? Will we get both? What other new secrets or features will we get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom