• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will the Nintendo 3DS Be an Important Console for Zelda Games?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I like others dont assuime and hope they dont make very many remakes other then that of OOT for the 3ds. But I hope they have some high profile zelda games for the 3ds. Since OOT 3d shows that it is possible to create just as amazing a game on the 3ds as on a console then most likely they will make games that are up to par with the console games.

I'm 95% sure Nintendo will make a 3D (like OoT, MM, TP) game in 3D for the 3DS (then again, I was positive that Skyward Sword would be released when Nintendo said they would released, silly me).

Have you noticed that Zelda has been on every Nintendo console since '86? Why should they stop now if it means more money? But I'm sure thats not the only reason they'll make Zelda 3DS. Nintendo's probably noticed that they've been on every Nintendo console with Zelda since Zelda I, and they probably won't want to just stop with OoT 3D, 'cause thats not really Zelda 3DS, it's more like Zelda 64 on 3DS, like Link's Awakening DX was a Game Boy game on Game Boy Color. But Nintendo didn't stop with LA DX, did they? So they planed the Oracle trilogy (at the time "trilogy") to come out 3 years later (DX- 1998, Oracles- 2001 ?) Although only 2 of the planned 3 Oracle games came out, Zelda GBC game(s) came out.

Now, I'm not saying we'll see more than one Zelda 3DS game, and I'm also not saying that it'll take as long (due to today's technology). If and when Zelda 3DS comes out, it'll probably be something like Wind Waker. Not the flooded Hyrule and sailing and such, but the same graphical style. Or, they may choose to use the graphical style of OoT 3DS. I think Nintendo will use the latter. Also, I don't think it'll be a long game, such as WW or TP, but a shorter (and full of extras) game, such as SS and MM. And, lastly, if...if Nintendo makes Zelda 3DS 2 (I'm tired of hearing Zelda 3DS, too. No pun intended), it'll most likely be over-head, bird's eye, 2D view, like PH and ST.

Well....I've gone and gave a really long answer to a some-what simple question. Short Answer:
"I'm 100% sure Nintendo won't pass up this oppronunity to make a 3D 3DS Zelda. And I don't really think that we'll see more than one 3DS Zelda."

Did you know...?
Did you know that there have been 5 versions of the DS?

DS (original)
DS lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS

Just a fun fact....

I think they could go one of four ways with 3DS Zeldas (all of which I would like):

1. Continue PH-/ST-style games. Including the overhead view and cell-shaded graphic style of WW.
2. Follow OoT3D's example and make more remakes.
3. Continue the "adult timeline" games, but change the style to that of bigger-scale 3D games (i.e. WW) that the 3DS is capable of.
4. Something totally new like Zelda always does.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I doubt the 3ds will be too important for zelda, but I do think it will play a larger role than other handhelds, especially if we see more remakes.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I hope Nintendo goes all out when they make a Zelda game for the 3DS. I don't want to see more games that aren't too imprtant to the timeline, I want a fully fleged Zelda adventure, with the 3D dungeons big overworld, and a relevent story, something that will fit into the exsiting main timeline (Oot, TP, WW, SS...). Imagine how epic it would be to be sitting on a bus or train, or even a plane (wow, rimes :)) and to be able to whip out your Nintendo 3DS and play Zelda, Mmmmmmmmmm...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Did you know...?
Did you know that there have been 5 versions of the DS?

DS (original)
DS lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS

Just a fun fact....

Actually there have only been 4 versions of the DS and only one version, as of now, of the 3DS.

Also, I really do hope that Nintendo takes advantage of the 3DS with Zelda. We really need to see at least two more Zelda games, one in the Wind Waker style and another one being a Four Swords title. I think the 3D would also look very nice in a game like the Minish Cap. The whole point is to take a look inside and an over the top Zelda game could just pull that off. Right now we know that a Remake to Ocarina of Time is coming in June and we know that Link's Awakening is going to hit the virtual console at anytime. They're many possibilities with what Nintendo can do next for The Legend of Zelda on the 3DS. We could get a Remake of the original, maybe Zelda's 25th has to do with the 3DS, a Wind Waker style game, a brand new over the top in 3D Zelda game, or a Four Swords game. Only time will tell.

I don't think that the 3DS means much for any specific game honestly. You can do about as much with it as you could the old DS, it just has better graphics and 3D capabilities. Could Nintendo figure out ways to use these to make a very unique Zelda game? Sure... but they could also do the same for any game of any franchise. I personally do not feel that the 3D effect itself is important to improving anything specific in the Zelda franchise, however, that it could not improve in any other franchise, that improvement being true visual depth.

I would be inclined to say that Nintendo will eventually re-release Majora's Mask on the 3DS as well and, dare I say it, even Wind Waker. I think that the system will be much better suited towards the franchise in terms of improving older games that were first seen in 3D (as in, not literally stereoscopic 3D or whatever it should be called, but 3D graphical capabilities in general), because its pretty much taking false 3D and making it true 3D, if that makes any sense. However, I will be very disappointed if we do not see some kind of completely new Zelda title on the 3DS in full 3D graphics. I think its time to move on from the minor leagues of new Zelda's with the overhead view gameplay on the handhelds. And not that I would not love to see a new overhead view Zelda game, but to be honest, I would much rather something like that look like ALttP than what we got with PH and ST.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't see these remakes harming the production of a first party Zelda game. In fact they should speed it up. They don't even have to make a new game engine for a decent Zelda 3DS now, they can just use the one from OoT 3D. It'd work great. They'd just have the build the models and scripts for it. A lot easier to do when you already have a game engine in place. I say they should go ahead with MM 3D, with that we can expect the unique Zelda 3DS to be even better. They're probably already working on both.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I do think there will be more releases for the 3DS. I also believe MM and WW etc will be rereleased. And hopefully they indeed make a new title. I mean to release old titles again and make them fit for the 3DS is fun but it would be more fun when we see a brandnew game from time to time as well.

M

MushroomBoy64

Since Ocarina of Time will be remade for the 3DS, yes. I'm sure Zelda would play an important role on the 3DS a lot more than what we are getting right now, and the same goes for Nintendo's next-gen consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom