• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Will the hype die down after people play this remake?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
When it came out, I did feel like it was underrated. In recent years, it got a big jump of approval but I also think it received so much hype that it now has crazy-high expectations. I understand that emphasis on storytelling has been more of an issue over the past few years, but that shouldn't necessarily be the end all be all standard. I'll admit that I've been over-hyping it.

Now that the remake is out, Operation Moonfall is done, and people's bellies are full, the hype should go down. Of course, this will happen once people replay it. The people who were always fans of the game will still love it. And the "hipsters" will say how the original was so much better.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Actually if you think about MM 3D isn't exactly as popular as we all may think it is right now. Sure a lot of people went out and bought it, a majority of fans, but I don't think its a game that the general public will be buying. I just don't see a child's Mother picking MM 3D over Mario Kart or something.

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
I'm so over this, again!

I was already over it...bumming about and depression for a month that I was not able to secure any LE MM items or the MM edition new 3DS.
I was already over it until a guy at work somehow got online and ordered both LE MM AND MM edition new 3ds together last Friday morning. He was probably ordering it around the same time I was actually picking up my MM preorder. This guy and I had a conversation earlier in the week and I told him how miffed I was I din't get it and he was like.."well I don't care about MM I just want a new 3ds"// And HE is the one who got lucky and got the LE.

It totally re-opened the wound that was just starting to heal.
:(
:(

Oh well, my BLACK new 3DS is supposed to arrive today...I already have a pretty awesome Hylian crest sticker I am going to put on it.
I keep telling myself that the MM edition is kind of ugly, and that at least mine will be unique.....I keep telling myself, but to be honest it only helps a little.

Hayato

Private detective
mmm good question but i think the hype will never die for true fans of the game, MM is my favorite Zelda game since i was 12 and i think this is a great remake, it surpasses a lot the original and i think it will be the new nostalgic way to play the game. For example, since this is my favorite game i played it at a 100% at least once a year, now i will continue to do so but with my 3DS, why? Because it is a great remake of my childhood memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom