• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will SS Be Better the TP?

There's no doubt Skyward Sword will be better than Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess didn't use all of the Wii's potential, as it was a gamecube port over to the Wii, so there was still plenty of room on the disk for improvement. Skyward Sword will no doubt be bigger, both in landmass and things to do.

E3 showed us the motion controls and they look intense, combat will be much more fun in this title. The combat combined with the enemy AI reminds me of Oblivion, only much smoother, as you don't have to go to a menu or the like to drink a potion, or grab an item. They really improved in this title.

Will this game be my favorite yet? I'm not sure. Will it be up there? Hell yes.

from what we have seen so far, i think it is highly likely that it will be better. on a graphical point of view it looks friendlier and makes you feel more like you are in an interactive world, rather than a backdrop with enemies placed in it and a few interactive components. from a plot point of view we know nothing. and from an innovation point of view, we are getting something that will be challenging and new, not another use of old principles.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Hello World *logs in*

SS better be better than TP because TP was one of the worst zeldas in history of zelda. Dont get me wrong it was still a good game.

How can you assume that? Did you even play Twilight Princess?

Like Zodiac Dragon said, Skyward Sword looks very promising. I'm not sure if it would be better, since I have trouble grasping the controls of Twilight Princess, but the plot so far is epic and the gameplay looks awesome, just like Twilight Princess. I might have a little bit of trouble with it, but I think I can handle the controls.

And Doctor Seaweed, why do you think Toon Link is horrible? Wind Waker used Toon Link and Wind Waker was one of the best Zelda games in the entire series. And the two DS games were horrible? Pfft, did you even PLAY them? I can agree Phantom Hourglass was horrible, but Spirit Tracks, really? Nintendo took the time to make it, about 2 years and you just think it's horrible, back to back games are horrible and the last time I checked, Spirit Tracks came out around the '09 holiday and Phantom Hourglass came out October '07. It's clear that Nintendo didn't rush. That's just racism against toon link and his fans. Just because Nintendo aimed for a younger audience, doesn't mean you have to assume that Toon Link's games are "kiddy" or "horrible."

I'm one hundred percent sure that SS will not just be better than TP, but better than every single game the world has ever seen. I mean really, we've seen SO much that leads us to the assumption that this game will trump all the rest right? No. I'm waiting for more game play, because that's what's going to make or break the game. And honestly, I don't really like how it's shaping up as of right now. It looks so tiring, like it would get old really quick after just a few enemies were defeated.

Yep, TP was the last Zelda we'll ever see in its current form. That could be a very bad thing for me.

i agree with treehuggerpanda, toon Link is a superb character, and TP, while not a conventional game by any standard, was still great

I like how its a brighter look on a zelda game. But i wish it wasnt cell shaded. All I can say is Its a Zelda game ands that good enough for me. Im not going to say if it will be better or not since i like all zelda games.

D

dsp2000

I LOVED Twilight Princess but I was also majorly disappointed with it. I think they had an awesome storyline, they just didn't execute it correctly. I'm hoping SS will be better then TP and if SS is truly "getting back to the basics" then I think it will be. I just want a game with a good story and mulitple side-quests.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
If SS is a lot more difficult than TP, then I'm already voting that it'll be better.
Twilight Princess was a very AVERAGE game. I thought the story and characters were awesome (the concept of the Twilight Realm just blew my mind). But the gameplay....was terrible. Twilight Princess was pathetically easy. You could clearly see what you were supposed to do, and if somehow you didn't understand Midna would just pop up and point it right out to you. Also, there were a lot of weapons, some of them which were new. I liked that, but after you completed the dungeon, you hardly ever used that item again (like the spinning top. It was cool, but after Arbiter's Grounds I barely ever used it). In my opinion, I thought the graphics were awesome, but in another year it'll look like crap. That and everything was so BLAH. The colors were all the same and there was no vivid imagery, even in the Twilight Realm. Not to mention that everything was the freakin same! Oh, look, it's a Forest Temple....and a Fire Temple....and a Water Temple....and a Desert Temple. My god, Nintendo, be creative!
Skyward Sword has....interesting graphics. I'm not really sure what to think of them. They're beautiful, but they're different. And all we've seen is a demo, so Nintendo will obviously polish up the graphics quite a bit before it's released in 2011. We don't know how many items there will be but I'm hoping they'll be utilized more often. The story sounds awesome to me so far. We still don't know crap about that sword-girl (yeah, we know she's the Master Sword, but I kinda figured that out before Nintendo told us) so I'm not going to comment on her. Maybe she'll be as epic as Midna was? Because I LOVED Midna, her character was really well developed. I THINK Nintendo had mentioned something about how they recognized that they were holding peoples' hands as they were playing through the most recent Zelda games and I'm glad they realized that. Because an easy game pisses me off.
Oh yeah, and for the love of all that is pure and holy in this world, please Nintendo....ADD MORE SIDEQUESTS! I hardly had anything else to do in Twilight Princess other than follow the game's main storyline! It drove me bananas!

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
ADD MORE SIDEQUESTS! I hardly had anything else to do in Twilight Princess other than follow the game's main storyline! It drove me bananas!

I agree! The lack of side quests (and mini games too, for that matter) in TP was extremely disappointing.
I'm sure that we'll get a few more interesting ones in SS, though, what with the new gameplay options and all.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Of course it's going to be better than Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword will(according to Miyamoto it's not complete) be made entirley for the Wii with Wii graphics while Twilight Princess was made as a Gamecube game with Gamecube Graphics.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I hope so! I'm preparing myself to be dazzled by Skyward Sword.
Nearly everything about SS already made me very happy, so let's see how much better than Twilight Princess this game will be.
(And that's saying a lot; my favorite Zelda game is TP.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom