• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Skyward Sword Be the Best Zelda Game Ever?

Do you think Skyward Sword will be the best Zelda Game ever?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
Will Skyward Sword Be the Best Zelda Game Yet?

Do you think Skyward Sword will be the best Zelda Game yet? If so, why? :)

Last edited:
I really hate the term "best ever", because it precludes the possibility that anything in the future could surpass it. Do I think it could very well be the best Zelda yet? I wouldn't be surprised.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I can't vote for the reason of how we don't know yet. Skyward Sword looks amazing but we have not played it, we can't go Round saying it's the best game ever in till we have gotten our hands on the game. It won't be long, 8 more days!!!!!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It will be the best game in my heart, if all my expectations are met, until a better title comes to replace it. And I only anticipate that to be a Zelda one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Given that I've read a hardcore Zelda fan's statement about the game, I do not think SS will be the best Zelda ever. Like I told a friend of mine, a certain other Zelda has already completely blown my mind. Were that meant to be literal: my mind is gone, therefore no other game can do that to me. SS will be a freaking amazing game, whoever you are, but in my mind I don't think it'll be the BEST.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
SS will probably be one of the best titles out there in this time period but I don't know about the absolute best of all time. If not for OoT, this game and its core elements and story wouldn't even exist. OoT set the standard for games like SS and for its time was a masterpiece. SS has the opportunity to be better than OoT because of technological advancements and OoT itself setting the stage for games like SS; so if you ask me, it has a good chance of being the best game of this day and age, but given the circumstances, OoT is probably going to remain the best game ever.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I voted no because of what post-organic said. "Best ever" means nothing, even future releases will surpass the game. A better question to as is will Skyward Sword take Ocarina of Time's place as the most widely considered "best game ever" by gaming magazines and websites? Will it replace OoT in the Guinnes World Records book?

Most of us haven't even gotten the chance to play it yet but from what I've heard it i likely to happen.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I voted yes. because what ive heard its bound to be a aweosome game, and yet i do agree with Post-Organic, the title should say "Will Sws be the Zelda game yet" but anyways the game trailers from what ive seen are really good and i just cant wait to play the game with my dad (because he loves zelda too) .....

I can easily see this being the best yet, with the upgrading and the expansive land and exploration coupled with the motion control it should indeed be an amazing game in that aspect alone. Couple this with the story that is looking better and better then I do say that this can be the best zelda game yet, ever... Idk... depends how long they do Zelda which I hope is for ages to come...

I've played throught the first few hours of the game and upon till now I'm a little dissapointed about the start, lot of talking, dialog etc. I'm down with the idea of integrating overworld and dungeon gameplay more, that automatically means the first dungeon takes awhile to get started, but compared to OoT (best Zelda game imo) SS's beginning is quite tedious. I mean it took an hour (excluding the opening videos) to even get a sword, Hope the action will step up a gear or two beneath the clouds. I'm not overly psyched about the controls, but they work fine after you get the hang of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom