• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Pokemon X & Y Be the Reason You Get Back into Competitive Pokemon, or Start It?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I've been thinking about this for a while now. Will Pokemon X and Y be the reason you start playing competitively again, or for the first time? And why?

Also, I am not sure if this should be in the Pokemon X and Y subforum or the main World of Pokemon subforum. Move this thread to wherever it belongs, if it doesn't belong here. :zelda:

Pokemon X and Y will be the reason I start playing competitively. I'm looking forward to trying out how the game will work with the new Fairy type, and also how much the battles have changed.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've never played Pokémon for purely competitive reasons, and I don't feel like I'm going to start with X & Y. The reason I play the series at all, is because they provide good games for leisurely purposes for some, and competitive purposes for others. I for one prefer to play Pokémon for leisure only. The whole keeping track of IV/EVs, Pokérus, Stats and whatnot is too much for me. I really just want to play at my own pace with my own team, and not rush to compete in what's going too great game to miss anything important.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't play Pokemon competitively; it's a hassle and always has been. From manually tracking your EVs/IVs (or worse, hiring someone to do it for you) to memorizing the best combinations, it just isn't something I looked into very much. I'd also like to add that, while competitively PKMN does exist, it looks horribly simplistic...just needlessly HARD. So no. If - and this is assuming I have an interest - I do get X & Y, it will be for pure casual play.

Fig

The Altruist
I know for sure that X and Y will make still make me want to still play competitively! I have been competitively ever since Gen. 4 and I always have a lot of fun playing against other people around the world. I know I must polish up my Pokemon skills when X and Y are released to the world public. Hopefully I will go to World Championship next summer! It's been my dream to become a World Champion in the Pokemon world! :3

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
For me, it will be a continuation of the cycle that has re-occurred every time a game was released since Gen III. I will play it fanatically, beat the storyline, grind, grind, and grind some more, then become bored and only play when I want to battle a friend.

Hopefully I can garner enough friend codes that I'll keep playing ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom