• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Pokemon X and Y Be the Reason You Get a 3DS?

I already got my 3DS for nintendogs and cAts. I wanted that game because I love puppies and kitties, and that was before I got my pup. Now that I have him I sold the game lol.
I basically just plays Sims 3 pets and Harvest Moon on it. I'm going to trade in my black 3DS in for a Blue 3DS XL for Luigi's Mansion :Dark Moon and Animal Crossing 3D. Pokemon X and Y will just be a bonus ^_^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
And you're judging this assumption on what, the three Pokemon that you saw? The tiny glimpses of the games' cities/areas? I don't think anybody can judge the entirety of Pokemon X and Y based off of that short video, so can you enlighten me about these standards that you have? (This isn't supposed to be a dig on your opinion, I sincerely want to know)
I meant graphically, not by in-game content. I'm almost certain that Pokemon X & Y will be the same ol' Pokemon players have known since the 90s, and while Gen 6 being made of the same stuff as RBGY was isn't a bad thing, it just isn't my preference to continue playing a franchise for ~$40 a "new" title when it's truly just DLC in a box.

To link this to the OP - Even if you're only a moderate Pokemon fan, I think all of the games are worth getting (except re-makes). Since you already have a 3DS, and if financials are not a problem for you, than I don't see any reason in not getting Pokemon X and Y, let alone a 3DS and Pokemon X and Y.
Well, that's also a bit of my problem; money isn't steady where I am (17, no job, no "allowance" or whatever the thing is called). Personal preferences aside, I have a backlog of things I /need/ to buy, and a backlog of things that I /want/ to buy (for needs, it's school related stuff that I keep putting off, wants are just video games and consoles for said games).

I'm sure PKMNXY will be good for the right consumer, but I'm not that consumer. (No offense to anyone.)

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
No, my reason for getting one was to play Kingdom Hearts : Dream Drop Distance and the upcoming Zelda games(I could care less for the ****** "remake" of OOT: 3D)and of course, Pokemon.

Once those are in my library, I'll pretty much have no reason to have a 3DS other then to play those games when I'm in the mood.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
No, it was OoT, but if there is maybe a Pokemon XY 3ds, then I might have a reason to buy one (if I had the money)

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I already have a 3DS, luckily. But if I didn't, it would most probably be the reason I got one due to the fact I got a GBA for 3rd gen and a DS Lite for 4th gen. It's about time that they changed the console, anyway. We've had DPP/HGSS and BW/BW2 on the DS already plus tons of other spin off games.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I've had a 3DS for quite a while, I got it maybe a week after launch, so it won't be the only reason. But I do have yet to get a game that I avidly play on it, so I'm expecting X or Y to be that game.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Yes. Definitely yes.

Pokemon is the main reason for me picking up a portable Nintendo system, just as Zelda is the main reason for me picking up a console Nintendo system. Those two franchises are what keeps me gaming, tbh. I do find lots of other games on their respective systems that I like or that I think I'll like. I ended up loving Chrono Trigger and Spirit Tracks for the DS, and for the 3DS I'm looking into MK7, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Super Mario 3D Land all look interesting , as well as OoT3D and (hopefully) MM3D. But I'm not gonna kid myself, the vast majority of my time spent on the handhelds is with Pokemon, nothing else even comes close.

So, even though there are a few games out there that seem interesting, it's just not quite enough for me to throw down a good $200 or so for it. But for a new Pokemon game on a new system, I will do that.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
It will be the reason for dusting off my 3DS in October.

Very similar situation for me.
I purchased my 3DS console on launch day, it is nice to finally have a Pokémon game on it now though. I'm sure Pokémon X and Y will be the reason many people finally decide to purchase their own console though.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
The main reason I buy all Nintendo handhelds is for Pokemon. So for me, yes. However, this year will really be a good one for the 3DS, with titles such as ACNL, Luigi's Mansion DM, and Pokemon coming out. I think arguments saying 3DS has a limited library will fade after this year.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
Yes... at first. Then I heard about the new Fire emblem, the new Zelda, Luigi's mansion 2,The new Animal crossing ETC, ETC. But I found out about X and Y first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom