• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Pokemon X and Y Be the Reason You Get a 3DS?

I know a lot of people have so far passed on a 3DS due to a limited Library, and frankly I wish I was them. But if you're not like me and have yet to get a 3DS, will you get one now that X and Y are on their way?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Mehh

I have had any reason to buy the 3DS as of yet...This is mainly due to the lack of games on the handheld so far, don't get me wrong I think the 3DS is probably one of the best handheld is some time! Its just that no game really interests me yet. If I was a Pokemon fan of course I would buy the 3DS, however its been a long time since I have played a Pokemon game so based off that my answer would be No.

However if a new Zelda game was announced for the 3DS or MM3D, then maybe I will try out Pokemon X&Y :)

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
It won't be the reason for me to get a 3DS.

I've had my reason to get a 3DS for a while now and it definitely isn't for Pokemon.

In short, yes.

I haven't bought a 3DS because, like you said, there is a very limited library for the price of the handheld. Don't get me wrong, I think the handheld is the best of its generation (smokes the Vita), but I'm not going to fork over $200 for it just to play one game (OoT 3DS, the only game I'm interested in purchasing). And in all honesty, I'm a die-hard Legend of Zelda fan, but Pokemon and Zelda are the only two franchises that I'm interested in from Nintendo; everything else bores me. I was originally going to wait for Zelda 3DS to get my 3DS, but now I'm going to get it when Pokemon X and Y are released.

Hopefully the 3DS will drop in price by October and a bundle will be available.

No. My last Nintendo handheld was Gameboy Advanced, and I have yet to purchase any of its successors based solely on their respective gaming libraries. The same will be the case with the 3DS. I will not be spending my hard earned paycheck on one single device to play one single game. It is not so much that I am dissatisfied with the 3DS' abysmal gaming library as it is that I cannot afford one. I've other priorities... likes BILLS.

Deeds

no text
No, the reason I got a 3DS was because of OoT3D and MK7. Pokemon X and Y will just be a bonus, if I decide to get it that is.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No. The reason I got a 3DS was Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance as well as Ocarina of Time 3D. Unfortunately, the former disappointed the hell out of me, the latter was just the same ol' stuff (although I'm enjoying every bit of it), and Pokemon XY just look horrible according to my standards. I'm not getting Gen 6.

and Pokemon XY just look horrible according to my standards. I'm not getting Gen 6.

And you're judging this assumption on what, the three Pokemon that you saw? The tiny glimpses of the games' cities/areas? I don't think anybody can judge the entirety of Pokemon X and Y based off of that short video, so can you enlighten me about these standards that you have? (This isn't supposed to be a dig on your opinion, I sincerely want to know)

To link this to the OP - Even if you're only a moderate Pokemon fan, I think all of the games are worth getting (except re-makes). Since you already have a 3DS, and if financials are not a problem for you, than I don't see any reason in not getting Pokemon X and Y, let alone a 3DS and Pokemon X and Y.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Legend of Zelda Oot 3D
Mario Kart 7
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil Revelations
Super Mario 3D Land
Kingdom Hearts 3D

Those are the main reasons to buy a 3DS and with Luigi's Manson,Fire Emblem,Super Smash Bros,Pokemon X&Y (just to name a few) being shown or coming out this year just adds to the argument. 3DS is the best selling console the last few months for a reason :)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
and Pokemon XY just look horrible according to my standards. I'm not getting Gen 6.
What are your standards exactly? I agree with Koosh, you can't judge a game based on a short video and 3 pre-released starters. That's just a load of ******** quite honestly. I don't mean to bash your opinion, but you're judging a book by its cover and I don't find that okay.

Zenox said:
I know a lot of people have so far passed on a 3DS due to a limited Library, and frankly I wish I was them. But if you're not like me and have yet to get a 3DS, will you get one now that X and Y are on their way?

I already own a 3DS, and the main reason I bought it was to play Ocarina of Time 3D. If that had not been released yet, if I didn't own a 3DS in my possession, and X & Y was just announced then I would consider purchasing a 3DS. I'm very fond of the Pokémon series, so naturally I would like to play every game I can get my hands on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom