• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Nintendo's 2017 E3 be strong?

Nintendo have had some terrible E3 moments, Wii Music, Skyward Sword motion control screw ups to name a couple, but Nintendo are also exactly the kind of company who can dare to only bring one game to the table and 'win' the event in the eyes of many.

With the Switch new and only a couple of months old by the time 2017's E3 rolls around, do you think Nintendo will unleash the system's true software potential?

There are many people who are rightfully worried about the launch line up and 2017 releases. Its also worrying that Nintendo still arent pulling AAA third party titles. A gyro tablet for Resi7 would have worked well i think, like Project Zero/Fatal Frame5 on the WiiU did, but it isn't happening. Some developers have already poked fun and scoffed at the Switch and decided not to bring their best selling IPs to the Switch despite Nintendo lording 3rd party support (I guess if theyre counting indies then they'd not be lying...)

We can assume Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors will be major players at e3 2017, but do you expect Nintendo to put these worries to bed an announce some killer titles?

Or do you expect then to just reveal more ports of WiiU titles, delay the likes of Xenoblade 2 and just keep focus on Mario?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I expect them to have a lot of focus on Mario, but I expect them to at least name more titles coming to the Switch. They said they had like 80 titles planned back during the Switch Presentation didn't they? I think we might hear about some more of those.

I expect them to have a lot of focus on Mario, but I expect them to at least name more titles coming to the Switch. They said they had like 80 titles planned back during the Switch Presentation didn't they? I think we might hear about some more of those.

NintendoLife did a video naming those 80 titles most of them are indie titles and titles that may not even make it ti the west.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
E3 is a joke of an event and has been for some time now. We will never get the absolute hype levels from Twilight Princess (2004) or the reveal breadth from any expo from 2006 backward. "Game developers" these days are too focused on muh graphics and forgot that the medium is VIDEO GAMES, not VIDEO. Every year it's the same stuff: new Mario, new indie pixel****, new throwaway title that nobody actually cares about. NIntendo isn't into E3 as it is -- they're still a JPN company serving the JPN people even if half their revenue comes from North America alone -- and I wouldn't expect them to flex their muskles at this year's event.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Some developers have already poked fun and scoffed at the Switch and decided not to bring their best selling IPs

Which developers? Aside from Capcom, I haven't heard any company outright say they aren't bringing their best IPs to the Switch, and even Capcom didn't scoff or poke fun.

I do know that the Switch's 2017 game lineup is horrible. The only way it's better than Wii U's 2016 is that it exists, but it's one of the worst I've seen in years.

If they don't do some serious showcasing at E3, the Switch will be dead before it gets a chance. More than half of the Switch title confirmed and dated are shovelware or ports of old games. There are some really interesting titles announced, but they could be coming 2018 for all we know, maybe even 2019, but since no dates were given, we have no idea. Some of those don't even have real names yet. And then there are the Dragon Quest games that don't seem to be on their way to the West, aside from Dragon Quest "Heroes" (not a main title, a spin-off).

For all we know Nintendo are saving a huge surprise for E3 and are going to explode the gaming world as they so often do, but it seems that if that's their strategy, it's a risky one because right now is when the Switch needs to continue the momentum, not in May when sales may have already dropped because of the lack of software.

I'm increasingly worried for the Switch's success each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom