• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will Nintendo ever make a TRUE BOTW prequel?

Yerp. It does feel like Breath of the Wild only put the token amount of effort into characterizing people, whittling them down till they were almost single word characters traits. Even Zelda, perhaps the most characterized person in the game, is quietly pushed off screen so the game doesn't have to worry about pesky things like actually making Link interact with her.

That's in addition to Link himself, who is still such a noncharacter that he's only a step away from forgetting to breathe. And while I enjoy this version of Ganon being more apocalyptic (and actually doing something villainous), it also conveniently put the character in a place where they once again didn't have to pretend to care about his personality or motivations.

Some people in the Link x Zelda fandom don't like how Zelda gets annoyed at Link in Botw, put that scene when she yells at him to stop following her entirely on her. Like, she's the Princess of Hyrule and she gave her knight a direct order and he didn't listen. Choosing to silently follow her instead. I think any self-respecting woman would get annoyed, feel patronized at such an attitude.
He's very bland in most of the cutscenes. I honestly don't know why Zelda likes him. xD Just kidding, I ship them, but yeah, Nintendo can do better with Link.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Some people in the Link x Zelda fandom don't like how Zelda gets annoyed at Link in Botw, put that scene when she yells at him to stop following her entirely on her. Like, she's the Princess of Hyrule and she gave her knight a direct order and he didn't listen. Choosing to silently follow her instead. I think any self-respecting woman would get annoyed, feel patronized at such an attitude.
He's very bland in most of the cutscenes. I honestly don't know why Zelda likes him. xD Just kidding, I ship them, but yeah, Nintendo can do better with Link.

She likes him because the plot needs her to like him. Unfortunately, there isn't much else.

I love BotW, it’s the first true game I’ve ever played-came to these games a bit late in life!
I would love to have a BotW 1 which showed Hyrule and the players as they were, then this BotW then BotW 3 which would be clearing Hyrule of lingering monsters and rebuilding although I suppose that may be a bit boring.
I wish Link had a bit more about him and it’s weird that Zelda gets out of controlling Ganon for 100 years and just goes off to check a divine beast that’s not working right!
The ending leaves a lot to be desired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom