• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Will LoZ OoT 3DS Still Have the Same Music?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Will OoT 3DS still have the music? Will they be original or a little but revised? What do u guys think? Post ur opinion here.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, here's what I think. I'm going back to Super Mario 64 DS, where they pretty much used the same MDID sequence and synthesizer. However, knowing that this is a new platform built on it's graphical power, I believe they're going to perhaps update the synthesizer a bit in order to make it add on to the overhaul of the game.

A.K.A. They're going to have the same music, but they might get instruments better than the N64 version. My only issue, however, is that doing so could potentially ruin the nostalgic effect.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
hmmmm i would have to say they would use thesame music because i also have super mario 64 DS and i heard mostly everything the same so no dought it would work for this game.....

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Video of gameplay shown at public demos have so far confirmed that the music and sound effects are exactly the ones used in the N64 version. Now, maybe these are just placeholders for a revamped soundtrack, but I doubt this will be the case. The soundtrack and effects actually hold up quite well, and given the fact that it's on a handheld as opposed to being put through fancy 5.1 surround sound systems I think the fact that they are 10+ years old is just something to be forgiven. If you listen to previous handheld Zelda music of late (PH, ST) it's around the same quality as OoT's original themes.

I for one would love to hear fully orchestrated music provided, but I know it's just a pipe dream for a 1st party Nintendo handheld game at this time.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I would like to see different music in the Fire Temple, again (more faithful to the original, but sitll without chanting), becuase the current one is too similar to the Shadow Temple.

David

But you called me here...
Enter the Hero of Music!

Anyway... I do not believe that it will have a new soundtrack. The music will most likely be the same. However, there is a chance that there will be a new cover of the music, but as basement24 said, the demos use the original sounds. So, unless the developers just stuck the original music in at the demo as a placeholder, there won't be a new soundtrack.

It would make sense to keep the same music from the original. My guess is that they would probably enhance it in some way to make it have a better sound quality.

I was really hoping for remastered/orchestrated versions of the music, but apparently they will use the same original MIDI files...

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
God, I wish for both original and re-orchestrated music. :O
Maybe the'll actually have the option to use either or (assuming all the stuff is remastered).
The only thing I don't want changed is the Song of Storms, because that annoying nintendo 64 music quality actually makes it what it is. P:

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
It'll probably have the same music, just with higher quality and stuff like that. If it doesn't have the same music I'll be very mad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom