• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Will Link Be Voiced?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A Link to the Past originally released on the SNES and Link was not voiced. However, in the GBA port, he gained OoT Young Link's voice clips. As a fan of the GBA port for numerous reasons (mostly Palace of the Four Sword), I always figured that ALBW would have voice clips for Link. However, all footage shown has had him *not* voiced.

Has it been said whether Link will have a voice in this game? Or is he going to be voieless like the original ALttP?

Big Octo

=^)
Well, I've been somewhat passive regarding A Link Between Worlds news, so if any information regarding whether or not Link will be voiced has been released, I wouldn't know.

Now, regarding what I think should be done, if Nintendo is trying to capture the essence of A Link to the Past, then leaving him silent might be an idea to consider. True, he was given a voice in the GBA port, but, truth be told, I didn't take too kindly to that addition. OoT Link's high-pitched voice for some reason just doesn't match ALttP Link to me. Though, looking back to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, Nintendo will probably go ahead and give him a voice. I'll be fine with this, especially if it's a voice more befitting for this incarnation of Link.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't mind grunts and little noises like that Link tends to make, wouldn't mind those, I think him being deathly silent, in this day and age, would perhaps be a bit weird. I don't think putting those little voice clips in will ruin the, like, link to ALTTP.

Link needs to be voiced by Nolan North already.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
He has a voice when he gets damaged, actually. Check around 5:10 in this video. It's not much... but I had to point it out because I was SO sure I heard his voice at one point or another and went through all the trouble of looking it up. XD

I'm not a fan of the GBA ALttP, mostly BECAUSE of the voice. I played the Virtual Console version in which he was silent, and now him having a voice seems loud and out of place, especially considering it's the exact same voice as OoT Link. It just... bothers me and makes it hard to play, haha. But... ABLW is a new game. I don't think I'd mind if they give Link a voice. But, you're right: as of now, it looks like if he does have one, he won't have MUCH of one. And I think I prefer that. Just giving him a voice at certain points -- after all, I don't think that in reality you feel the need to scream out a battle cry every single time you swing a sword, haha.

bunny

birb overlord
In the trailer he has Toon Link's voice. I kinda hope they give him his own voice actor because a different Link... Should have a different voice. Or in this case, grunts and whatnot. The game is still in development, so hopefully... Well, either way, I'm pretty sure he's gonna make some sort of noise.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I don't really have an opinion either way. I love making the grunts with Link as I do stuff, makes things more immersive. ;)
A silent Link would mean I just have to add my own sound effects.

Full blown voice acting would mean I don't have to read, No problems there for me :P

Salem

SICK
I don't care if he's voiced or not, but they desired to give him a new voice, they better not overdo it, as in have a shout for EVERY LITTLE ACTION!

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
I honestly think the GameBoyAdvance port of aLttP was butchered. Sure it kept the main key things and changed "Wise Men" to "Sages", but it just didn't seem right with the voice. I mean, it's one thing to change some script around, that's fine with me... but adding the voice of Link in OoT when you attack or do something like fall was bad. I prefer the original version where nothing is changed. Note, that's just my opinion don't hate and fill the reply board with hate against my opinion, I'm just saying lol.

Also, when I read the title of this thread, I thought you meant like a voice-over xD if they did ever add a voice-over of Link, (or any other Zelda characters) I would almost lose all respect for Nintendo by straying too far off of traditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom