• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Will It Still Be the Oot We Know and Love?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have no doubts it will still be the same OoT game we all loved and still love. Like many already said the changed are not that big. I definitely look forward to play it. And I hope and expect Zora's Domain to be back to normal after Link beats the Water Temple. No more frozen scenery.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I guess it will be the same game as the nintendo64. Because if they change anything in the story or add an item. I think it's means that they r going to ruin the whole game from the N64. They can't change the story or add a new item. Will ruin the whole plot of game. But I guess it will be the same game we know and love.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Sadly no, but it's not all bad, to me this OoT is even more different than the Master Quest Edition, It stands apart because of it's menus, graphics, and new features (like the fact that we have 4 item slots now!). The gameplay has been changed far beyond those older games, I expect we'll be able to hop into the rising water inside the Water Temple and put our Iron Boots on before the water reaches the level to which we had set it. Character/boss/enemy models have been revamped. Even if it is all the same old puzzles, OoT 3DS is a whole new ball game. Some of the enemy AI could even be smarter, I look forward to every little change.

jugglaj91

I am me....
All I want is a little challenge. As I still have few problems to this day with certain fights I would love to see them and play them on a hand held. As for the graphical improvements it seems they added more detail and smoothed everything out. Nothing too much that I could tell anyway. An extra dungeon and a mini-game or two would probably sum up the extent of changes being made.

well it will be a little different.. ..(3d, updated graphics) but as others have said Nintendo is doing this for sales. So I hope they dont differ from the original.

I remember how disapointed at Super Mario 64 DS I was.. with all the new added stars and content..

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Although remakes are upgraded versions of the previous game, theyre still great for nostalgic purposes, but it will never make as big an impact on older gamers as the original did. Of course newer gamers will say "This is so awesome, its soooo much better than the original" becuase this is the version that theyre going to grow up with, and when they go back to the original port they may not like it because its "downgraded". For me im not too excited for it, because I grew up with the original and I'll always love it no matter how many remakes they make! :)

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I think that the game will remain the same (even going as far as being exactly the same) except for the graphical changes. I would really, REALLY love if they had both the orginal game, and Master Quest on the same game cartrage. That would be a fantastic way to have a 'hard mode' on the game, without having an actual selection. Could you imagine? Din is currently playing through Master Quest, and I was watching her and saying to myself "Wow... what a great way to do a 'Hard mode'"!

In E3 they said that they are going to make iron boots quicker to put on. Thats probably the improvement your talking about with the water temple.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Having seen the recent trailers and some cutscenes in OoT 3DS, I can say the game will be the same as the Original. Though with better graphics, easier item access and less "Hey!", "Look!", "Listen!" for Navi haters.

Though I wonder if the Water Temple will be as difficult as ever? Or will they tone it down for the sake of players? I just hope they don't change anything that will affect gameplay experience.

I really do not like the sound of this.
Why mess with a truly legendary game?

For me any changes are a bad thing.

3D will change how the game looks and for me how it feels.
The original is a true work of art and it going 3D for me is a terrible idea.
I want the game as it is, flaws and all.

I never like seeing any game being remade.
It gives me a sense of dread.

why fix or change a game that is one of the best ever made?
The original just has it all.
Great music,beautifully designed levels,fantastic weapons,cut scenes etc.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I'm not sure that OoT-3D will have the same praise that the original got. It depends on if they simply port all the maps after reworking the graphics, if they actually ADD any extra content, and again if they port the areas rather than completely rework them and add new content. I'm not saying that OoT3D won't be good, but it might not live up to the legend that OoT has created.

OoT3D of course, will be the same OoT we know. It won't be a completely different story, as that's almost irrational...

B

BlindZelda

I highly doubt that Nintendo would change anything about the Ocarina of Time. I feel like the only reason, for know, to buy a 3DS is to Ocarina of Time. Every since I was little and I when I completed Ocarina of Time I wanted a handheld version for a long time. If they change anything besides things like:
Water Temple
and Maybe some more cut scene towards the end, when you kill Ganon. As a kid, I thought that was the most epic thing ever, seeing Link just stab the master sword into the Ganons face was awesome. If they add some new things, like maybe better graphics and more of adriline feeling to it, it would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom