• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will It Be FABULOUS!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I am now confident that Skyward Sword has a great chance of becoming the greatest game in the series, and finally debunking Ocarina of Time of it's pedestal. Everything we have seen at the past weeks E3 has been FABULOUS! and has got me very excited.

Despite this weeks awsomness, some people still have beliefs like the Motion Plus controls are gimmicky, and the art style is childish. I don't get these people, as a Zelda fan should like Zelda game in any form. I know that I will love this game, why? Well, because I know how much passion and hard work goes into every instalement of our beloved series, so why would Aonuma and his team screw up this time around? Every Zelda game I have played has been FABULOUS!, even the more obscure Four Swords Adventures (wich was made in part by Capcom) was an incredible game, above the norm.

Overall, I think this will be an amazing game, worth the nearly 5 year wait once the game's holiday 2011 release date rolls up. I have had the cash saved up for this game even before I know it's name... Because Zelda games are the boss!

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
Hehe, I'd be happy to see Ocarina of Time debunked as first, and by the looks of thing, this will probably happen. In this E3's trailer, we've seen so much awsome content, and I'm sure there's plenty more in the final game... Now, how on earth will we wait another five or so months before the release?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
You guys have basically the same thoughts as me. :P

As for the naysayers, I don't know where you've been seeing those comments Cuju, but I've been reading them mostly on YouTube under the video footage (even worse with the Wii U demo footage! Some people are just UNbelievable~!), and I have to say that a lot of those comments sound baseless/you've got to be kidding me/facepalm/why-am-I-even-bothering-reading-this-comment worthy. Instead of sounding like they have a respectable reason for being against the game, a lot of people seem to just be throwing out hate for it either because they don't like Zelda to begin with, or because they want TP graphics back since having "colors" just doesn't suit their personal tastes. Honestly though, it'll only be their loss if they continue to turn their back on the game. We'll have a blast playing it for sure~! :P

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Thats exactly what I'm talking about Sarianae. Youtube haters hating on the game just because it doesn't have Twilight Princess' now deppresing graphics. I don't know how someone could prefer a dark, sombre palet, when we've seen the vibrant and bright colours in the latest trailer. Don't you agree that, even if you have a style wich you prefer, Zelda is still and always Zelda, and is therfore amazing....

Some people just can't get over Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time for that matter.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I would be very happy if SS beats OoT I love OoT but I want to play a better LoZ game I have been waiting for this game ever sence I heard about it

Thats exactly what I'm talking about Sarianae. Youtube haters hating on the game just because it doesn't have Twilight Princess' now deppresing graphics. I don't know how someone could prefer a dark, sombre palet, when we've seen the vibrant and bright colours in the latest trailer.

Because we like dark, sombre things.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... It seems like with the new look for Skyward Sword, people are hating on SS's graphics (if they prefer TP's graphics) or hating on TP's graphics (if they prefer SS's graphics). I've heard people say to be more open-minded about SS's graphics when they themselves turn around and call TP's graphics dull and depressing while calling SS's beautiful.

I really love both graphic styles. So far I haven't found anyone who shares the same opinion as me. -_-

Anyway, I really do think that Skyward Sword will be a great Zelda game. But that's a given... All [canonical] Zelda games are great. Everything looks more challenging and original, especially the precise motion controls. ^_^

Lupine

Sacred Beast
I really don't know how people (especially the ones leaving their opinions on Youtube videos) can call SS's graphics a downgrade from previous titles just because they aren't super realistic. I think that they are quite an improvement. They seem much smoother, detailed in movements, and beautiful to look at :)

Anywho, I'm uber excited for SS!!

Last edited:
J

jack-o-lantern

I really love both graphic styles. So far I haven't found anyone who shares the same opinion as me. -_-
Don't worry, I totally share your opinion! I love Twilight Princesses style because it gave a darker feel and added a sense of realism to the series. Skyward Sword however is probably my favorite look because it to me is what elda is meant to look like. When I first saw SS at E3 last year my first thought was WTF! But I gave it a chance and now I am absolutley in loooove with it! I love all the styles and back on topic, I personally think that Skyward Sword will be the best Zelda game ever, and the best game ever. For me anyway. but it's all a matter of opinion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom