• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will/Did you buy Metroid Prime Remastered?

D

Deleted member 96199

==============================

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Got mine pre-ordered at Gamestop. The wait has been killing me, especially with how often I keep seeing it pop up on my timeline.

I've played the game before on Gamecube as a kid, but I always got stuck in the ice area. Eventually, I ended up buying the Trilogy on Wii and in all this time, I just haven't gotten to it.

Also feels like this Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster rumor has been around for years, as I've been kinda holding out on the possibility of them coming to Switch too. At least for now that's partially true. So I can't wait to finally beat Metroid Prime for the first time.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I have the trilogy on my Wii U, so I don't really feel the need to get it. Besides, I didn't even start playing Metroid until it got requested for me to do them as LPs, and while I like the games a lot, I'm not buying and playing any of the new ones when they come out anyway, as I want all my LPs to be blind

I ordered Metroid Prime Remastered on Amazon, and it sadly isn't arriving till March 6th-9th. It previously said March 13th, so it got bumped up a bit. I'll see if my local Best Buy has the game over the weekend, but it's not showing up on their website, so I doubt it. I guess I have to hang tight for a bit longer. I know I'm not the only one going through this fiasco because I've seen countless YouTube videos about it. Either Nintendo severely underestimated demand or they're pulling the same artificial scarcity crap they did with Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I picked mine up from Gamestop when it released with no issue which is strange because the last 2 times I pre-ordered something from them, they didn't have it for weeks and I just ended up canceling and getting the games elsewhere.

I do have my suspicions Nintendo is trying to create a demand for the game, which I honestly don't mind with this series. The shadow drop made noise, the 40 dollar price tag made noise after people complained about Dread and Skyward Sword being full price, and now people are getting FOMO with the physical release. If this helps boost sales and get more attention on Metroid, I'm all for it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not yet.

I don't like that the physical version of the game has was delayed, and I'm reasonably sure that Nintendo will short suppliers in order to drum up demand just like they did with Mario 3D All-Stars. That being said, I have been emulating the game. Despite the performance issues that come with a Switch emulator, it's been an enjoyable experience thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom