• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will BotW2 feature another time skip?

BotW1 was all over the place with the passage of time, we had a ten thousand year back story and then a one hundred year nap before the Game even started.

Could BotW2 be hiding another timeskip?

Obviously some time has already passed with Zelda finding the time to lop her hair off, but could a timeskip occur during the game like it does in Ocarina of Time?

Will we perhaps end the game with an older Link and Zelda and have BotW2 challenge yet more conventions of the series?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think they need a decent timeskip right away or nothing really interesting will have had the opportunity to happen to Hyrule by the time BoTW2 begins. Zelda could have cut her hair the night Dark Beast Ganon was sealed and then gone down to the caves the next day but I'm hoping at least a year has passed since BoTW and some interesting developments have happened in Hyrule since then.

I don't think we will see another OOT style skip as I think this Ganondorf would not let Hyrule survive for another 7 years. If any time travel happens it will likely be to the past.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I think LoZ is always filled with backstories and suspenses even in TP a Tri force symbol appear when he was about to be executed. This a backstory that couldn't easily be deciphered and requires the knowledge of LoZ time line .
SS had a dumb backstory of monsters stirring outta the earth's butt and what not cos it's the first game in the timeline and couldn't have that much of backstory.
I strongly believe there would be something.....about why Ganon is lying there and maybe a reason why Zelda cut her hair (if she isn't playable).
Also Zelda mentions the supremacy of light arrows. So ther must be a question how Ganon revives and what the blue hand is doing there (it's sealing the wound Ganon acquired in Arbiters' ground during his execution.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom