• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Avengers or Star Wars be the Highest Grossing Movie of 2019?

Which will gross more in 2019?

• Star Wars Episode IX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avengers Endgame

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
We have an interesting movie face-off this year with an end to the Avengers as well as the end of the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

According to Wikipedia, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Avengers: Infinity War are the third and fourth highest grossing movies of all time, respectively grossing $2,068,223,624 and $2,048,711,378, respectively.

I think Star Wars has more name recognition overall but Avengers has grown in popularity recently. Combined with the worse reception for The Last Jedi compared to Infinity War, I see Endgame beating Episode IX at the box office.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm going to go with Avengers. This is because of the negative fan reactions to episode 8 and the positive reactions from Marvel fans to Infinity War. I don't think the impact will be too huge and it will still be a close one between the two films. I believe the moaning about episode 8 is mainly from a vocal minority of the people who watched it but it could mean that the next film makes less. There is also the fact that episode 8 in my opinion did not do enough to generate excitement for the next episode in its storytelling. There is not some big cliffhanger we NEED to see resolve. It all ended with the first order weakened by the death of Snoke so there is not some major threat looming.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Avengers Endgame for sure.

There is no doubt that Star Wars is going to draw people in, I think with JJ Abrams directing this one people will be more open to it despite the negative reactions to The Last Jedi.

But I think a lot more people are invested in the Marvel films currently and are interested to see how things are going to conclude with this story arc that has been being expanded over the last decade.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Endgame for sure. IW left off with an insane cliffhanger, and people want to see how it will get resolved (and it will, we have confirmation of movies starring snapped heroes), whereas The Last Jedi left off with no real powerful or interesting moments (and it was solidly bland).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom