• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Tears of the Kingdom guesses

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Prediction -

As a possible DLC we will be tasked with restoring Fi by gathering essential portions of the broken Master Sword.
I dunno why that would have to be DLC. We'll definitely be fixing the Master Sword in TotK anyway. No reason why Fi's recovery/reawakening can't already be a part of that process.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I dunno why that would have to be DLC. We'll definitely be fixing the Master Sword in TotK anyway. No reason why Fi's recovery/reawakening can't already be a part of that process.
I mean, enhancing the Master Sword was made into a DLC for BotW.

This would be something a bit more akin to the Champion's Ballad, wherein we get to have a side-story involving main characters with the end reward being a beautiful cutscene and a misc item of sentimental value.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Goriya must show up in 3D...and maybe we have a return to real cheat codes. Like you hit L, R, L, R, ^, <, >, v, ZR, ZL, [screenshot], and you get the cheat code to remove the cell shading filter from TotK so Link looks like plastic. But goriya too.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I predict that the Amiibos will give you the same stuff as in BotW but will ALSO grant you these new items -
  • TP Link Amiibo
    • Ordonian Set (replicating Link's Ordonian attire from the prologue)
    • Ordon Sword
    • Ordon Shield
    • TP Zora Tunic Set
    • TP Magic Armor
  • SS Link Amiibo
    • Skyloftian Set (replicating Link's Skyloft Casual attire from the prologue)
    • Braced Wooden Shield
    • Fortified Iron Shield
    • Goddess Shield
  • Toy Link Amiibo
    • Koholint Sword
  • Loftwing Zelda Amiibo
    • Summons a Loftwing for you to fly into the sky

Any other sugguestions?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You'll get to dye your hair pink "by accident" when using the Kochi Dye Shop. After a couple dyes your hair will "accidentally" come out pink and the guy will be like oh whoops do you want to keep that and you will be given a choice whether or not to change it back. That would be a cute callback and also I need canon pink link.

Hey, I just had a thought. What if the small green dragons are the updated version of an Acheman? I mean, moblins sure don't look like what they're supposed to in BotW.

My favorite BOTW 2 theory is that "Tears of the Kingdom" will be about the Hylian royals having to atone for their past wrongs (because generations of Hylian royals and their family have committed horrific atrocities and the Hylian royals and their family are not the "good guys" they've painted themselves as for so long).

I suggest you watch this whole playlist here for a more detailed list of the atrocities committed by the Hylian royal family (and a number of people working for them, like some of the Sheikah) against other races, species, lands, tribes, etc, over the centuries (this playlist contains about 36 videos):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzG_3q50DuPkRcOm-vIy4hvnUyvKV5O-t

The Hylian royals and their family are not the "good guys" we've been socially conditioned to believe they are. Most of us are not the naive little kids we once were anymore, we are intelligent and mature adults now and we clearly see what's going on now.

I still watch playthrough/Let's Play for the new Zelda games out of curiosity (and I watched a couple of BOTW Let's Play when the game was released), and I no longer play Zelda games (except maybe Phantom Hourglass once in a while) but I sometimes still discuss the games with other people online. I stopped playing Zelda games years ago and I started wishing that Link would start thinking for himself and questioning things instead of just being a blindfully obedient puppet of the Hylian royal family who claim to be some kind of master race with a direct line to the gods and who gets to have exclusive ownership of the triforce and its blessings and people who have questioned or challenged that claim or demanded independence from Hylian monarchy were all either killed or disappeared in places like the Shadow Temple, the Well of Three Features, Arbiter's Grounds and other such torture/execution chambers built by the Hylian royals throughout Hyrule. And who knows how many of those horrible underground chambers the Hylian royals had built under the ground.

And I'm not even talking about the Zonai, they were all disappeared and genocided by the Hylian royals and the Hylian royals and their Sheikah took the credit for the Zonai's architecture and discoveries, most probably because the Zonai were recording history as it is and the Hylian royals wanted them wiped out from the face of Hyrule to silence them because they didn't want the truth come out because it would portray them in a negative light. The reason I much prefer reading fanfiction over playing the games is because in fanfiction, in many fanfictions, Link is thinking for himself and questioning things instead of just being a blindfully obedient puppet of the Hylian royal family who just obey their every command and do everything they say just 'cause they said so, and he rejects the Hylian royal family's religious cult mentality and divine right doctrine, sometimes he even goes as far as to rejects and/or go to war against these "gods" to help take back Hyrule and the continent from them and force them to take back their accursed triforce relic that makes people harm and kill each other over it and has always been a source of suffering, war, bloodshed, violence, conflicts, and deaths since the beginning.

Why couldn't he just do that in the games, huh? Why is it that in the games he is never allowed to think for himself, question things, and challenge the Hylian royals concerning their messed up and fascist teachings? Reading fanfictions about a young man courageous and sensible enough to think for himself, to question things, to challenge the establishment is refreshing and in my book so much better, more interesting and delightful than playing the games, I like that much more.

A lot of people have written fanfictions about that.

Even I wrote some fanfictions about that. A couple years ago, I wrote two fanfiction series.

I wrote a somewhat AU Skyward Sword redemption arc (a series in 4 parts):

https://archiveofourown.org/series/1693576

And I wrote a somewhat AU sequel to Majora's Mask (a series in 3 parts and some companion pieces):

https://archiveofourown.org/series/1500296

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Counterpoint: Zelda games don't do a whole lot of interconnectivity. I'd expect a vague reference to Fi, but nothing more.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Counterpoint: Zelda games don't do a whole lot of interconnectivity. I'd expect a vague reference to Fi, but nothing more.
I mean, Fi is already in botw and not as a vague reference. She's the voice of the sword that Zelda hears. There is no other sword spirit associated with the master sword and they even use the same sound effect from ss when she calls out to Zelda (and again to Link at the end of the Master Trials). She's already present, albeit mutedly, but there's nothing vague about it. It wouldn't be strange if her voice appeared again in totk at the bare minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom