• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Tears of the Kingdom guesses

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is less of a "wild guess" and more of a "wild what-if"...

What if TotK had a BotW save data bonus... that transferred over all of your complete quests and such, which is then reflected in TotK's world? Meaning anything you did (or didn't do) in your BotW file will affect your TotK file.

Now, I would think that to pre-program every possible combination of completed and non-completed events, from story segments to sidequests and everything in between, DLC included, to carry over like that would take an ungodly amount of time and effort (though that might explain why it's taking so long heh?) so I doubt they'd actually go for this. But that would certainly make for an amazingly individualized adventure. I would just hope they'd count master mode for that since that's my file that's 100% complete lol.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'd hate that personally since I beat botw on the Wii U and not the switch
So, people who started BotW but never finished it to get that star on their save file just have no Hyrule left to save in Tears of the Kingdom it's just endlessly falling into an abyss with malice eyeballs staring at you on your way down
I always forget Wii U exists, oof.

I guess in the case of no transferable save data you would just get a TotK that bare minimum assumes completion of the divine beasts and memories for the true ending or something idk.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
save transfers are generally a complex thing in general, especially for something like BOTW that has such a sheer amount of things to do, the best example being to really base on is Mass Effect, which does do it quite well across 3 games, so it definitely could be done, and would be an awesome thing, but at best i just imagine some sort of little save bonus like AoC had

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Some of these next guesses are actually based on something and some are not.

So we know its all but confirmed that the runes of botw have evolved and will now be done through the robot arm in new ways, right? We've been seen the time reversal of objects, we just saw a new magnesis ability in the latest trailer, and it's probably a fair assumption that the ground merge thing is also done using the arm. Aside from this, we don't know what else this arm is capable of. It's probably also fair to guess that each botw rune will have an equivalent through it (weve already seen stasis and magnesis ones as mentioned), but the ground merge has no equivalent and is conceptually completely new. So this got me thinking, what other completely new things could this arm do? And then it hit me; crafting.

In the latest trailer we see Link magnesis a wheel out of some muck and then the very next scene we see him driving a hotrod mod with that very wheel attached to it, so we can safely assume Link put the thing together himself. How did he carry the parts to make this thing? How did he assemble it? I bet we can do it all on the fly thanks to the magic of the Arm. The vehicle parts may possibly go into inventory, and we might even see diy recipes (just like animal crossing!) for vehicles. I'll bet the flying ufo bird thing Link rides at the end of the previous trailer is one such mod. The arm magicks them together whenever you want to, either in the field or in the inventory menu maybe idk. This means they could also be breakable and remakeable on the fly, and you would have to keep a good stock of their required materials in your inventory at all times so you could keep making them as needed.

But there's also a good chance theyre permanent and you only have to make them once, perhaps at the ancient tech lab, even. In that scenario, though, you would need a way to call upon them whenever you want, right? That's where the arm comes in. The arm would need to get a rune to summon your creations to your side, just like we could do with the master cycle zero in botw. Speaking of that beloved motorcycle, it would be a sick save data bonus for totk if this system were in fact the real deal, if not a vehicle construction option itself.

So, to recap, we can assume the arm will have botw rune equivalents as well as some new stuff. And we know Link can now mod himself up some mounts, or at least the ancient tech lab can, in which case we can guess that he can use the arm runes to summon them to his side. This sounds like it would be a really cool system! But now I want to take it one step further and submit a hypothetical based on this conjecture. What if vehicles aren't the only thing Link gets to summon? What if he can even.... summon allies? Like the Champion Successors?

Picture it for a moment. Hyrule is newly messed up. You JUST put that thing back together and it's already broken again! So now you have to go back across the map and fix everything again, once again working with the Champion Successors, because they live there too and its literally their home. So upon succeeding, they offer you... their own services as allies. And you get the ability to summon them to your side whenever you want like how the wolf link amiibo worked in botw. I would go absolutely feral for this, yall have no idea. And this would also be the prime way to connect the game to aoc by having these allies use abilities that existed in aoc, and make anecdotal remarks about their experiences in aoc as an event that took place for them between botw and totk. I really, really want that to happen. Will it actually, though? Almost definitely not. But I can dream...

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Some of these next guesses are actually based on something and some are not.

So we know its all but confirmed that the runes of botw have evolved and will now be done through the robot arm in new ways, right? We've been seen the time reversal of objects, we just saw a new magnesis ability in the latest trailer, and it's probably a fair assumption that the ground merge thing is also done using the arm. Aside from this, we don't know what else this arm is capable of. It's probably also fair to guess that each botw rune will have an equivalent through it (weve already seen stasis and magnesis ones as mentioned), but the ground merge has no equivalent and is conceptually completely new. So this got me thinking, what other completely new things could this arm do? And then it hit me; crafting.

In the latest trailer we see Link magnesis a wheel out of some muck and then the very next scene we see him driving a hotrod mod with that very wheel attached to it, so we can safely assume Link put the thing together himself. How did he carry the parts to make this thing? How did he assemble it? I bet we can do it all on the fly thanks to the magic of the Arm. The vehicle parts may possibly go into inventory, and we might even see diy recipes (just like animal crossing!) for vehicles. I'll bet the flying ufo bird thing Link rides at the end of the previous trailer is one such mod. The arm magicks them together whenever you want to, either in the field or in the inventory menu maybe idk. This means they could also be breakable and remakeable on the fly, and you would have to keep a good stock of their required materials in your inventory at all times so you could keep making them as needed.

But there's also a good chance theyre permanent and you only have to make them once, perhaps at the ancient tech lab, even. In that scenario, though, you would need a way to call upon them whenever you want, right? That's where the arm comes in. The arm would need to get a rune to summon your creations to your side, just like we could do with the master cycle zero in botw. Speaking of that beloved motorcycle, it would be a sick save data bonus for totk if this system were in fact the real deal, if not a vehicle construction option itself.

So, to recap, we can assume the arm will have botw rune equivalents as well as some new stuff. And we know Link can now mod himself up some mounts, or at least the ancient tech lab can, in which case we can guess that he can use the arm runes to summon them to his side. This sounds like it would be a really cool system! But now I want to take it one step further and submit a hypothetical based on this conjecture. What if vehicles aren't the only thing Link gets to summon? What if he can even.... summon allies? Like the Champion Successors?

Picture it for a moment. Hyrule is newly messed up. You JUST put that thing back together and it's already broken again! So now you have to go back across the map and fix everything again, once again working with the Champion Successors, because they live there too and its literally their home. So upon succeeding, they offer you... their own services as allies. And you get the ability to summon them to your side whenever you want like how the wolf link amiibo worked in botw. I would go absolutely feral for this, yall have no idea. And this would also be the prime way to connect the game to aoc by having these allies use abilities that existed in aoc, and make anecdotal remarks about their experiences in aoc as an event that took place for them between botw and totk. I really, really want that to happen. Will it actually, though? Almost definitely not. But I can dream...
I've pretty much been convinced since the trailer was shown that crafting will be a thing. We'll be able to craft the vehicles that interest us, and also enhancements to weapons it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom