• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Tears of the Kingdom guesses

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
maybe its the spirit of the hero's "true form"
Well..............................
The figure does possess rabbit like ears.

And well, we do know what Link turns into when he ventures into the Dark World.
link-to-the-past-bunny-link-ray-cornwell.jpg

I see Link&Midna does not like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

You may "Ugh" all you want.
Doesn't change the fact that this scene is canon.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
maybe its the spirit of the hero's "true form"

Yeah, that's basically what I was getting at. We know Zelda comes from Hylia and Ganon comes from Demise. But what about Link? The hero in Breath of the Wild's tapestry looks nothing like Link, but he definitely had to have descended from him though right? That's Link's role, the one he's cursed to have forever and Zelda is even seen on that same tapestry in her white dress, so clearly it's not Zelda from Breath of the Wild, just a Zelda. Which is why the woman on the mural everyone is calling Zelda is likely just a representation of Hylia/Zelda herself and the thing she's looping hands with is probably some ancient version of Link? I remember a lot of people were running with the idea that Link was a Sheikah when Breath of the Wild was announced. Maybe he's actually a Zonai?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
one thing I noticed is the carving where "hylia" and zelda are holding hands their hair is identical
I think hylia is depicted as having long hair? so
that's more evidence pointing to that theory

although this is getting off topic :x

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Malice-infected Zelda as a boss and a sort of co-antagonist with Ganon (because of course it'll be Ganon in the end) through some kind of mind-manipulation from malice corruption. She falls into some pit, so that'll be when it happens I guess. Basically possessed Zelda from TP but going beyond more than a simple boss fight.
She'll rise from the pit covered in like a symbiote-looking exoskeleton with a big yellow eye that totally doesn't give away her weak point. Malice legs will spring from her back all Doc Ock style and she'll rise up above Link as her boss title appears in dainty yet haunted cursive: "Zelda: Malicious Princess".

RamboBambiBambo

My guesses for some gameplay alterations, minor or major; whatever.

1 - Inventory Upgrades System
Nintendo will hopefully make it so Korok Seeds are still a collectible, but not required for inventory upgrades.
Instead, I hope that they would make it so that Inventory Upgrades are done through a merchant character like Beedle and that you spend Rupees to upgrade your inventory for Melee Weapons, Bows, and Shields

After all, how redundant did Rupees become in BotW by the time you were half-way done with the game?

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2 - Tingle Returns
We now have islands in the sky.
And Beedle is our wandering trader that is found at stables.
But what about that goofy odd-ball of a man in his mid-thirties who thinks he is a fairy, makes maps & charts, and conveniently has a balloon contraption he flies around with?

Why not bring Tingle back and have him be an explorer of the sky islands and a merchant in the skies so when Link is adventuring way up high and possibly running low on resources, we don't have to go
all
the
way
down
to
the
surface
in order to buy supplies from Beedle or a village?

3 - DLC Returns Old Content
Do we already have a save file of Breath of the Wild?
Do we already have the DLC content of Breath of the Wild?
Why not have that DLC content carry over into Tears of the Kingdom?

After all, Nintendo claims TotK was supposed to be a lot of DLC content that was instead made into its own sequel.
So why not have the DLC contents of the previous game carry over?
The outfits and the end rewards of the Champion's Ballad of course.

4 - Amiibo Support Items, Old & New Stuff
So.
The Amiibo items that you obtain from BotW's catalog of weapons, bows, and armors should make a return.
But what about some new stuff as well?

Why not have us scan Toon Link's Amiibo and get the Conductor outfit, Four Sword, Phantom Sword, Lokomo Sword, Hero's Shield, Mirror Shield, Spirit Tracks' default Shield, and The Minish Cap?

Why not have us scan Twilight Princess Link's Amiibo and get the Ordon Sword, Ordon Shield, Wooden Sword, Wooden Shield, Ordonian Attire, Zora Armor, Magic Armor, Zelda's Rapier, The Ball-&-Chain, and The Hawkeye Mask?

Why not have us scan the 8-Bit Link Amiibo and get to unlock the Koholint Sword, White Sword, Magic Sword, Bunny Link Outfit, and the Pegasus Boots?

Why not have us scan Ocarina of Time Link's Amiibo to unlock the Megaton Hammer, Kokiri Sword, Razor Sword, Gilded Sword, Great Fairy Sword, Hero's Shield, Deku Mask, Goron Mask, Zora Mask, Stone Mask, Couple's Mask, Hero's Shade Armor, Hero's Shade Shield, and Hero's Shade Sword?

Why not have us scan Skyward Sword Link's Amiibo to unlock the Skyloftian Attire, Braced Wooden Shield, Fortified Iron Shield, Goddess Shield, Ghiriahim's Rapier, Ghirahim's Claymore, Ghirahim's Demon Sword, Groose's Glutes, Groose's Dukes, & Groose's Mousse?

There are just so many options to choose from to be frank.

5 - Blacksmithing
Gathering resources and materials was an integral part of Breath of the Wild.
Why not expand upon it?
Weapons are breakable.
BUT
You can find molds out in the wilds that will allow Link to spend rupees and resources to craft weapons, shields, and bows of his own liking with the bonus of the perks such as Durability Up?
And if you have a weapon you really like, you can save it by going to a blacksmith to have it repaired, for a small fee of resources and rupees depending on how extensive the damage is?

6 - The Return Of The Picori/Minish Race
In early builds of Breath of the Wild, there were going to be Picori people in tiny villages here and there that Link could encounter.
For the most part, they seemed to use recycled models from the Hylians of Skyward Sword in the images that were unveiled from early builds.
Picori.jpg

Reintroducing these little people in some pockets of Hyrule could be an interesting touch. You're out exploring and suddenly, while climbing a rock face POOF! You stumbled upon a small cave inlet with a small Picori village! And they are willing to trade things and possibly have a quest!

7 - Bringing In Co-op
Imagine it.
You want to play Tears of the Kingdom but you also have a sibling who also wants to play or you have a buddy or GF/BF who also wants to enjoy the adventure with you?
Well, pick up the second controller and suddenly Player 2 is playing as none other than Rinkuru/Linkle !
Linkle.jpg

The backstory of this iteration of Linkle could easily be that she is Link's great-great-great-great grand niece, a descendant of Link's sister or brother he had before the Calamity struck.
Linkle's family told stories about their couragous relative and Linkle is inspired to travel the world and make a name for herself.
And so, when she and Link encounter one another; she decides to help him in his endeavours so that they both can be heroes.
All the while not knowing that the person she fights monsters alongside is the very same man her parents and grandparents told her about in stories from her childhood.

Linkle will have more feminine style clothes than Link, will be allowed into Gerudo Town regardless of what attire she is wearing, and will use Crossbows instead of Bows as her ranged weapon.

A Non-canon addition to the game's story but a canon addition to the world lore as she may very well be travelling Hyrule in the aim of making a name for herself instead of being a cucco farm girl.

8 - The Return of Items
I hope that some items from the Zelda franchise make a return as an optional non-breakable item that Link can equip once he obtains them by cycling through the same list of powers his arm-bangle-thing grants him.
So not only will Link have the powers of the Sheikah Slate and the arm-bangle-thing, but lets say you want to climb in the rain.

How best to do this?
Well, if you find the fabled Double Clawshots, you can grapple onto the mountainside and climb upwards with ease!

Seek to disarm your enemy opponents? The Whip from Skyward Sword makes its return and allows Link to steal spoils and have a chance to disarm the enemy with a quick flick!

Want to scout ahead? Make use of the beedle to fly about and see what might be spawning down the road when you reach render distance or to fly up high to places you cannot reach yet to see if there is anything good to find there.

Want to walk on water? Well, find the fabled Hover Boots and you can walk across small gaps and walk on water for a short period of time before they give out under your weight.

Same with waking under water. Equip the Zora Hood and the Iron Boots and you can scour the seafloor and lake beds for sunken goodies.

9 - Fire Emblem Crossover
Have an optional cross-promotional questline in which Link gets to meet some of the famous characters of the Fire Emblem series.
Similar to how Xenoblade had an easter-egg crossover in BotW, Tears of the Kingdom should do one for Fire Emblem.
Simply put, a spell in Fire Emblem had caused a rift in space and time, scattering famous characters such as Roy and Marth and Ike across Hyrule. Complete small quests for them and you can obtain replications of their weapons and outfits as rewards!

10 - LET US PET THE DOGS

11 - AND ADD CATS THAT WE CAN PET TOO!

12 - LET US ADOPT CATS AND DOGS TO HAVE AT OUR HOME IN HATENO !!

13 - LET US HAVE A QUEST TO TAME A BEAR, A DEER, A BOAR, A SKELETON HORSE, HEBRA RHINO, AND THE LORD OF THE MOUNTAIN TO HAVE AS AWESOME MOUNTS TO CHARGE INTO BATTLE !!!!!

14 - LET US BUY PROPERTY AND RECREATE A SETTLEMENT FROM SOME OF THE RUINS SO THAT WE CAN MAKE MORE TERRY-TOWNS !!!!

Some of these are obviously wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I've thrown this theory around a ton already but I bet anything Fi will be in this game in some form.
Additionally, I don't think Ganoncorpse is going to be the main villian. Maybe a side villian, but having him as the big bad feels too obvious considering how many details they've been hiding.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
They're gonna reuse assets from AoC for reconstructed towns.

The UFO bird is gonna work like a flying mount and we can call it like we could the Master Cycle.

Link is going to be even more weakened than he was at the start of BotW and there will be some harsh gameplay limitations on what he can do at first. This will involve more resource management than the weapon system did.

RamboBambiBambo

I've thrown this theory around a ton already but I bet anything Fi will be in this game in some form.
Additionally, I don't think Ganoncorpse is going to be the main villian. Maybe a side villian, but having him as the big bad feels too obvious considering how many details they've been hiding.
Perhaps Demise will be released from the broken Master Sword, his essence entering into Ganondorf and allowing the Demon King to become whole once again, and this game will finally allow Link to break Demise's curse by actually slaying the Demon King rather than sealing him away??

RamboBambiBambo

I just thought of something...

How will the towns be affected by this sudden surge of Calamity?
So... here are my predictions.

Hateno
I would be doubtful of any major changes other than some defenses added around the village and guards stationed around here-and-there. I would imagine its more remote and mountain-top location would make Hateno a place where people are still mostly oblivious to the events that are transpiring around them. A luxury.

Kakariko
Kakariko Village is a shadow of what it once was. The Sheikah living there are driven out by the Yiga Clan members. Kakariko is now another Yiga hideout, heavily fortified and constantly patrolled. However, Link might be able to use it as a town... IF he is wearing a proper disguise similar to how Link has to disguise himself to enter Gerudo Town.

However, the Sheikah have planned for this occasion and Kakariko Village is now located in a secret cave system nearby, the Hidden Village that they had in the ancient past to conduct their more secretive operations for the Royal Family and to use as a sanctuary should the need arise.

Terry Town
Like with Hateno Village, Terry Town is mostly unfazed by the malice and monsters that wander the landscape. However, the villagers have another thing to fear. The basin that lies below their town is no longer water. Due to the rampant activity from Death Mountain, which is now corrupted by Malice, Terry Town now sits atop a lake of lava! The residents are scared and are seeking to move from the pillar to the hills across the bridge, but are hesitant to do so because the monsters will be an ever-posing threat as they rebuild new homes until the lava lake subsides.

Goron City
With the corruption of Death Mountain by Malice, Goron City is now abandoned for the time being. The Gorons had to move further down the mountain and only a stubborn few live up high near the caldera. Goron Villages are formed in Northern Akkala near Roy's Workshop, one near the Foothills Stable, and a third near the Woodland Stable.

Gerudo Town
The sands have swept up in a fury due to some floating islands causing great wind-storms in the Gerudo Desert. Gerudo Town is now half-buried and abandoned. The Vais of the city were moved to either live at Kara Kara or in the shadows of the Heroine Statues to form a temporary settlement. Though Riju calls it temporary, some begin to wonder if it will be permanent.

Zora's Domain
It is callback time in the Zora's Domain. Ganondorf had their home frozen during the crisis we resolved in Ocarina of Time. Zant did the same in the events of Twilight Princess, likely at his "God's" behest. So why not let the past repeat itself? We saw Zora's Domain with endless rain in the last game, so why not have the region become another icy landscape as the freeze sets in? A consequence of these new floating islands results in the sky above the Domain being shrouded in endless winter due to a malfunctioning Zonai contraption, causing the majority of the region to become icy.

Rito Village
The winds have become enraged as Rito Village is surrounded by an endless typhoon that surrounds their stone citadel. Many are trapped within the cyclone while the others who were out flying now make a new home in the nearby Hebra mountains, founding Frostroost Village and hoping their heroes can calm the storm that surrounds their home.

Lurelin Village
Gone.
Raised to the sky due to an unforeseen Zonai structure beneath the beach. Those that were in the village at the time were suddenly sent to the skies above, a lone village of surface dwellers who are scared of heights now trapped in the heavens until Link can return their town to the surface.
Those that were out sailing and fishing when this event occurred had to make landfall elsewhere as monsters and malice have tainted most of the coastline.
Eventide Island is now the home of these fishermen. Lurelin Port is founded and is, like Hateno village, possibly one of the safest villages out there... were it not for the monsters that can swim the seas.

Korok Forest
The Lost Woods region is strangely... absent... in the early trailers for Tears of the Kingdom. And I think I know why. People have theorized that The Great Plateau and The Lost Woods were shifted in space, swapping places at some point. An intriguing idea. But what if instead both The Lost Woods and The Great Plateau were also regions that were lifted into the sky? According to King Rhoam Bospharamous Hyrule, the Great Plateau is "The Birthplace of Hyrule Kingdom"... what if ages ago it was Skyloft itself? The main island brought down to the surface? As for the Lost Woods and Korok Forest? They could have risen to the sky to escape the Malice, a feat done by the magic of the Great Deku Tree.

If Nintendo decides to make Lurelin Village, the Korok Forest, and the Great Plateau rise into the sky; it would make for some good places to have Link rest and resupply with people in the sky. After all, if the sky is all just floating islands with monsters and dungeons, there is not that much of interest you could do. Add in some NPCs who are scared and have problems that need to be addressed could add flavor to the regions of the sky. We already know Koroks can fly with their deku leafs. The Rito can fly as well. There could be settlers that decided to try and make a living on the Plateau as it is one of the safest regions of Hyrule... until it rose to the sky. And then of course, Lurelin village is spooked by being sent to the sky.

Being trapped in the sky could be an interesting dynamic for the people stuck up there. Two lovers separated by a kilometer of surprise altitude? Deliver letters for them so that they know that each other are safe. Isolated in the sky and without resupply? Speak with some Rito and Korok peoples to open a trade network so that farming can be done on the further-isolated plateau and other misc supplies can be taken up to the floating islands. Someone's Grandmother is sick from the sudden change in altitude and thinner air? Retrieve some medicine for her! A child has been taken by a Helmroc King!!!??? Go fight the giant bird and bring them back to their parents!

---

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Putting this here before I forget it, but maybe the new ancient tech is based around how the Triforce was originally planned to be a force of technology rather than a force of magic. Since Nintendo has been paying tribute to lots of older games and rejected concepts in Breath of the Wild, it feels worth throwing out there. Slightly adjacent idea, but maybe there's a second 'impostor' Triforce made out of this technology within the universe of Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom... and it will be revealed at some point during Tears of the Kingdom. A Tower of Babel type of thing?

Okay, crawling back under my rock now.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Putting this here before I forget it, but maybe the new ancient tech is based around how the Triforce was originally planned to be a force of technology rather than a force of magic. Since Nintendo has been paying tribute to lots of older games and rejected concepts in Breath of the Wild, it feels worth throwing out there. Slightly adjacent idea, but maybe there's a second 'impostor' Triforce made out of this technology within the universe of Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom... and it will be revealed at some point during Tears of the Kingdom. A Tower of Babel type of thing?

Okay, crawling back under my rock now.
link will need an antivirus and VPN installed to protect himself from the dangers of the ඞ triforce

We're definitely going to be learning more about those Zonai structures, and possibly the Zonai themselves. What if they're related to Minish Cap's Wind Tribe somehow? What if the Zonai are the Wind Tribe? That could be a potential explanation for the sky islands, as well as an explanation for the maze-like structures on the surface, the true scope of which can only be seen from the sky. The maze-like Wind Ruins in Minish Cap, as well as the statues right outside bear a striking resemblance to Zonai architecture.

We may seen the return of the Wind Tribe (Zonai), as well the Minish (since they were planned to be in BotW but were scrapped), and if BotW/TotK take place in the Downfall or Adult timelines... Well, consider the following:

1) The figure depicted in the underground ruins might be Hylia, but it might also be someone completely different.
Notably, it has a closed third eye on its forehead in at least one picture. It could simply be a tattoo or a marking, like the one a lot of the Sheikah tribe have, but it could also be a literal third eye. The Sheikah aren't the only ones with an "eye" motif. That it's closed seems significant-- we've only ever seen the Sheikah (and Yiga) eyes depicted as being open.

2) Vaati is still sealed in the Sanctuary of the Four Sword.

Possibly underneath the ruins of an older Hyrule Castle that got buried by the movement of the earth and the passage of time.

3) One of Vaati's forms is literally just a giant eyeball.
He also has a third eye in one form, though it's on his abdomen and not his forehead.

So, here's the gist of it: after being defeated by Link and Zelda, Ganondorf became weakened, and that hand might belong not to someone sealing him, but someone taking advantage of that moment of weakness.

My theory is that Vaati, after several millennia of slumber, was awakened by the Calamity. When the Wind Sorcerer sensed Ganondorf's weakened state, he saw it as an opportunity to siphon Ganon's malice and turn it into power for his own resurrection. This, of course, does not go as planned-- Ganondorf is notoriously stubborn, and manages to break free from Vaati.

His initial plan having gone south, Vaati reaches out to find a new host... and hey! It just so happens that Link was in the room at the same time! What a funny coincidence that his new arm in the trailer seems to be able to amp up and modify the powers of the Sheikah runes by thousands, possibly by using some unknown magical power source!

Of course, this is all just wild speculation, but it's still something to consider.

RamboBambiBambo

I hope that The Magic Sword will be a usable weapon that Link can use as a pseudo-replacement for the Master Sword until the actual Master Sword is able to be restored somewhat.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Ok actual wild guess but also not so wild(I thought about dedicating a thread to this) The weird canister thing on Link's hip is our new magic system. Runes/magic abilities will be fueled by this magic making them slightly less reliable and we'll have to keep our magic filled. That's why we don't always see it full in art and trailers. Abilities might also have stronger versions that use more magic and thus use 2 canisters instead of one or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom