• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Tears of the Kingdom guesses

Perhaps all these Zonai structures fell to the surface, they assisted the Hylians in sealing away Ganon, and lived on the surface. Their sky islands and structures eventually sank deeper into the ground, sediment and rain over eons shifting the ground and burying these islands; making them indistinguishable from the typical landscape.
This would be a good parallel to the Sheikah Towers and shrines erupting from the earth upon acquiring the Sheikah Slate in Breath of the Wild.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
This would be a good parallel to the Sheikah Towers and shrines erupting from the earth upon acquiring the Sheikah Slate in Breath of the Wild.
Especially given the fact that Link now has a golden-arm-bangle thing that seems to be VERY Zonai in origin with how it is designed.
Perhaps the Sheikah and the Zonai collaborated in eons past?

-It will be revealed that Ganon utilized a sacrificed past incarnation of Princess Zelda to regain his Gerudo form.

-Time travel will be involved, and it will be revealed that BotW Link IS the hero from 10,000 years ago.

-There will be eight dungeons, more than the five(six if you include DLC) that we got in BotW.

-The Master Sword will once again be put to rest at the end of TotK like most other Zelda games it's in aside from BotW.

-The ''tears'' will have something to do with either the Sheikah or the Zonai.

-The end of the game will mark the end of the Calamity Era, but not the status quo; Ganon was already killed off in the AT and the CT(the one in FSA is a different guy with the same name, not THE Ganon who is the main overarching antagonist of the series), and Nintendo would be fools to kill him off for good at the end of TotK, especially since the DT is all about Ganon's constant revivals as the eternal scourge of Hyrule; he'll probably die again(although he could always be sealed), but not permanently. Like I said above, I can see the MS being returned to it's resting place for a new hero in a future era. Maybe TotK will be the last DT game for a while with Nintendo taking a break from it for some years or not, but either way Nintendo will move on from the BotW/TotK era.

-The Triforce will play a bigger role and will be mentioned by name.

-There will be a visible durability meter to see when weapons are getting close to breaking beyond the message you get when you're only a measly three hits away(one can hope, atleast; I'm fine with durability as presented in BotW, but some way to see how much you can use a weapon before breaking would've been nice).

ya know that carving of "zelda" in the trailer, the one everyone thought was being sacrificed? Well who do we know that has that exact pose: ganondorf!(or who we've been supposing is ganondorf) I have no idea what the plot implications are, I just noticed it.
Only problem is that the figure has long ears; Ganondorf has round ears as we can see in previous TotK trailers.

Those little green vials on Link's hip in the new trailer aren't "tears" that we would be collecting in the game. The vials are our abilities that we would be able to swap out to create different "builds" for Link which make new play-throughs of the game feel fresh and interesting.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Those little green vials on Link's hip in the new trailer aren't "tears" that we would be collecting in the game. The vials are our abilities that we would be able to swap out to create different "builds" for Link which make new play-throughs of the game feel fresh and interesting.
I like that!

I personally think Zonai, given that those dragon runes look very similar to the ruins in the Faron region. So does the fire breathing weapon from the second trailer. I also think that the big Armaldo looking guy is a Zonai chief, or other type of authoritative figure. And last, but not least, I don’t think that the Kingdom in the title is Hyrule, but instead the Zonai. And I think that the circle that the big figure and the Zeld-like figure signifies a truce, but Hyrule breaks it causing many grievances for the Zonai tribe. But first, the Zonai help Hyrule by greatly weakening Ganon. But the seal doesn’t work, because of the amount of hatred and malice that has been built up in Ganon’s heart, unleashing Calamity Ganon (the Triforce of Power may have something to do with that). Hyrule blames the Zonai, and banishes them to the sky. But what if this Ganon was a different Ganon. Not Gerudo, but Zonai, maybe even the chief. If that were the case, he turns on Link and Zelda for some reason, and after waking up gets revenge on Hyrule, banishes then to the sky, and causing them grievances.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I keep seeing people say that the Mural figure is Hylia but Zelda IS Hylia, so the figure we've accepted as Zelda doesn't necessarily represent THIS Zelda, but Zelda in general/Hylia. That means this new figure is something else and possibly Zonai in origin.

Could this Zonai figure be a representation of Link? I was always confused by the depiction of the hero in Breath of the Wild that some have labeled a Zonai due to his similarities with the Barbarian outfit, but that would mean Link himself is a decedent of the Zonai, which could be why that glowy hand (that could possibly belong to the ancient hero) chooses him and gives him this new power. He is no longer wielding the Sheikah slate either because he's no Sheikah, but a Zonai, like the hero who defeated the Calamity ten thousand years ago. This could also explain why Link is seen wearing his hair in a similar manner to the hero in the tapestry as well as wearing similar garment.

This would make the Hero and Hylia the 2 dragons in the never ending loop, hence the position of their hands as Zeltik pointed out in his latest video. Not Hylia and Zelda, but 2 separate beings.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I like how we all assume that the Zonai Figure is actually a character we know instead of possibly an entirely new character that will just be the main Zonai character of the game.

It could very well be a new character that allies with us.

I don't think we're going to necessarily meet this character in game to be honest. Could just be backstory like how we never met Hylia but her presence is felt throughout Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I don't think we're going to necessarily meet this character in game to be honest. Could just be backstory like how we never met Hylia but her presence is felt throughout Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.
No I am BETTING we meet this character sometime.
The stone mural work that was showcased as the title-card flowed in place showed that Zelda and this Zonai character were holding hands for something.

My guess is that Link will meet with this ancient Zonai character (though we probably won't realize it until later on in the game as the person may have a different appearance early on and will just be implied to be a more minor character, kinda like how Skyward Sword did with Impa or Phantom Hourglass with Oshus.).

But in the end of the game we would probably see this character and Zelda hold hands and perform whatever ritual was performed in the mural, allowing Ganon to either be truly vanquished... or sealed away for another 10,000 years to buy some modicum of peacetime and eventually... we will probably get another BotW style open game set 10,000 years AFTER BotW/TotK's era.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom