• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Wild expressions

Since Wind Waker Nintendo have given quite a lot of attention to the facial expressions of the characters in Zelda. The WW art style itself in part was chosen to make Link more expressive.

Breath of the Wild seems to be another such game where theyve given attention to the facial expressions and most of them, in my opinion, work.

Sidon's superhero smile, Urbosa's devilish grin before she snaps her fingers, Daruk's constant state of barely comprehending information...

It all mostly works for me. But there are some that don't.... Link's face when he recalls a memory looks off to me and of course, that odd final smile from Zelda will not be easily forgotten.

But where do you stand? Did BotW's art style help the facial expressions of the characters and help them portray their feelings?

Or did they fall flat on their faces?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think this game may even be more expressive than Wind Waker, whether that's due to the art style or not it's hard to say. But I definitely like expressive characters, and this game is full of them. Link alone makes some great faces, many of them amusing but there's nothing wrong with that. I think the game did an excellent job at facial expressions, including Zelda's smile at the end, there's nothing wrong with it ya weirdos.

I think that BotW does a good job with facial expressions. They portray feelings pretty well, I personally liked Link's facial expressions. But some of them simply feel off and others are meme material, wich I guess it's a good point.
Still there's something about Wind Waker that makes me like it more, I think it's the more cartoony style. But overall BotW did a good job.

Ninja

Well well well
I quite enjoyed the facial expressions in BotW, mainly this one!

maxresdefault.jpg

funnier6

Courage~
Oh, I thought that they were all great, really gave good personality to everyone (nobodys forgetting Sidon's smile anytime soon)

I can't think of anybody at all of any importance who didn't have unique expressions, I think the best memory Link expression was when he was gawking at Mipha's statue.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I love some of the faces in BotW. Link has a few good expressions too like when cooking, or taking a picture, or cross dressing

Sidon's psychopathic grin coupled with his arm/fist move pose thingy he did was probably the most annoying thing in this game for me. His character ws pretty good until that point. That "pose" didn't seem to fit his character overall. It just turned him into a cheese-ball if you ask me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like the facial expressions in BotW. Especially when you drop a bomb in front of the characters noses. But the expression I like the most is the one Fyson the Rito gives you when you climb up his table and point the camera at him. He is not amused with you climbing on the table.
20139913_471918539836522_5610187260769643834_n.jpg

Holding a bomb in front of Greyson :P
10322729_471919499836426_2475198395906616587_n.jpg

Ninja

Well well well
I love how everyone has different sayings and reactions when you swipe at them with your sword. If they are holding any weapons they will strike you back as well!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I love the facial expressions in this game. They're hilarious! Especially the Gorons, with their big, dorky grins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom