• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wiiu Wish List.

Well I know it won't but I wish it would be able to play blue rays or at least dvds like every thing else. I also want there to be games focused on normal control/not motion controls.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
A Turtle Beach type like headset. I'm always playing late and can't turn the volume up much, not without waking my family anyway.

Better online, backwards compabitlity, no friend codes, Nintendo games, better third parties and please let us use the Classic Pro.

I would want strong internet/multilayer, headset compatable, huge power to render big maps like skyrims, better motion sensibility(nunchuck sucked), be able to at least play DVDs(that way I have an excuse to have my dad help me pay for it), have long durability, and finally have some quality games(Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Mario, etc.)
that's a lot but I hope most of this happens, also I want the WiiU to leave Sony and Microsoft in the dirt... >:D

Obviously, I want a new Zelda game, but I would really like a New Paper Mario in the vein of Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Galaxy 3, and a new Starfox title. Another thing I would like would be to have GamCube games on the Virtual Console, but for them to spend more time on updating them, without removing features (e.g. keep rumble, update controller buttons on HUD, use the Wii U screen as a GBA screen, etc.), and, for these games, I don't think there is a reason the Wii U would not be able to render them at 1080p, or at least 720p. After all, the Wii had virtual console games in 480p.
I would also the Wii U to be 3D capable, and allow you to play certain 3DS games on a big screen TV, in HD. I am mainly thinking of Ocarina of Time 3D (and possibly Majora's Mask 3D in the future). Currently, there is no way to play it on the big screen or with vibration.
There are probably a ton of other things I want from the Wii U, but not too many that I can think of now that are very significant.

A few things I'm personally hoping for are VGA compatibility from launch. I play my 360 on my monitor and it's great. Easiest and cheapest way to get HD quality imo. Another big thing for me would be a good online service with multiplayer support. Nintendo does a lot of things really well and better than anyone else in many cases, but online hasn't been one of them. Friend codes are annoying.

I'm also personally hoping for a slightly more conventional control scheme this time around (or at least the option to use one) I've never been a huge fan of motion controls even when it works really well (like with SS. They'd also be able to get a lot more ports of games on other consoles if they had a more standard controller. As far as games go, other than the obvious more Zelda games, I'd like to see more RPGs than there were on the Wii.

I'm not really going to discuss games here as there are too many threads regarding that already.

Let's cut straight to the hardware chase. ;)

Given that all games will be able to run in native 1080p, I would love for them to actually do so.

Also, I would like for the controller to provide for a cleaner HUD on the television as Nintendo already displayed for the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo.

Mariley said:
Friend codes are annoying.

I am happy to inform you that Nintendo has confirmed that friend codes will not exist for the Wii U system but rather profiles similar to Live and PSN.

Mariley said:
They'd also be able to get a lot more ports of games on other consoles if they had a more standard controller.

The "tablet" is essentially a traditional controller with a touchscreen smacked on top.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't really know what features, because they've never mattered to me. The only I would have wanted is it to play blu-rays, but it's already been confirmed that it won't, so it doesn't really matter to me.

V

vutsag

I really hope that it supports a full webbrowser so that you don't have to connect your PC to the Hometheatre for exellent sound! ^_^

Oh, and DLC to enhance the experience of earlier Wiigames! ^_^

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
My main concern will be the Wii U's online capabilites, because they have trailed behind systems like XBox Live and PSN in a lot of aspects for the last couple of generations. Hopefully all traces of "Friend Codes" will be gone.

I hope that not all games will be playable only with the new controller,I'd like to see some WiiU games playable with the Classic controller or a new controller that feel confortable,I hope to see a Kid Icarus,Metroid prime 4,a Final Fantasy game,Sonic 4 ep 2,Donkey Kong Country returns 2.I hope the WiiUwares wron't keep the 40mb size limit so that we get better games in there because there are actually not a lot of GOOD wiiware(I'm not including the Virtual Consoles).I don't know if its because the Wii is not powerful enough or if its Copyrights issues,but I'd like to see more N64 games on the WiiU virtual consoles,the Wii is missing a lot of Masterpieces of the N64 like DK64,Diddy kong racing,Conker's bad fur day Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2,Mario party 1,PKMN stadium 1 and 2 etc.That would be great if we could transfer our Wiiware and VC games from the Wii to the WiiU and our savefile(but I'm pretty sure the savefiles wron't be a problem thanks to the SD cards.)I hope they add the Mega CD,Sega 32X,Sega Saturn,the Dreamcast and the gameboy Color/advance on the Virtual consoles,that would be nice to play GBA games onthe WiiU controller.

F-Zero please, I have never been more challenged by a game and I still to this day haven't 100% completed GX. That's all I really want right now..

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
let get technical yea?

a multi core micro processor how many cores? let go quad since its a wish list

an internal hard drive

bluray playback capability

USB 3.0

stereoscopic 3d

let get technical yea?

a multi core micro processor how many cores? let go quad since its a wish list

an internal hard drive

bluray playback capability

USB 3.0

stereoscopic 3d
I swear to god if we don't get a hard drive... It's the one thing Nintendo has failed to understand for the past two consoles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom