• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WiiU HD Zelda - E3 2011

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
hm, this brings up the possible cance of Skyward Sword possibly coming out for the Wii U (which is just about the most uncreative name for another console i've ever heard, even less creative than the Super Nintendo) cause when the Wii was coming out they announced TP and that ended up coming out on both the Wii and Gamecube, so i could dfinately see the same thing happening with Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword is coming out this Holiday season, so it's not going to be coming out at the same time as WiiU. That would make it pointless to rerelease it if everyone already has it for the Wii and has beaten it.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Oh my god I love you :)

I guess I was wrong about it being the Hawkeye, but hey, I was close. Thanks for blowing the image up.

(Actually, I just snagged it from ZD's front page. XD)

Anyway, it's been confirmed that this was just a tech demo, but it does seem pretty strange for one. Here's a video of someone trying it out. Apparently, if you look on the bottom left corner of the TV screen towards the end of the video, Link has collected 3 small keys...

[video=youtube;Sdn2YOKP9RU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdn2YOKP9RU[/video]

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Skyward Sword is coming out this Holiday season, so it's not going to be coming out at the same time as WiiU. That would make it pointless to rerelease it if everyone already has it for the Wii and has beaten it.

In fact Skyward Sword has been confirmed that it isn't coming out for the Wii u, at least according to the developer interview I just watched on G4.

I think we can definitely expect a fully NEW Zelda for Wii U built from the ground up (neither the TP HD Tech demo this seems to have been).

This is just to give us a taste of what it's going to be like...but I'm certain whatever it ends up being will be just as impressive~ :P

::EDIT:: EternalNocturne, that video is AWESOME. : D

: DOUBLE EDIT : LOVING THE CAMERA CONTROL!!! Missed that on the Wii.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Mmm, I was just wondering... Why didn't they make Link left-handed like he's supposed to be? Since this tech demo is based on Twilight Princess, and Twilight Princess Link is still left-handed, what's the point of making him right-handed just for the sake for the demo?

well TP did something similar, though a bit of the other way around the wii version came out on November 15th and the Gamecube version came out on the 11th of December

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Alright WOW! IGN had a hands-on demo as well and we get a REALLY nice close-up on Link's face.

picture11df.png

Here's the video guys:

[video=youtube;arHNcSMXaBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk[/video]

I believe that this has been confirmed to just a graphics test for the WiiU.

Midna won't return. No helper character ever has, and the Mirror of Twilight was broken.

Oh, I know. Besides the fact that that some considered that the video could be hinting at a remake of Twilight Princess (doubtful), I was only kidding around. I was just saying as how Midna has such an extremely LARGE fan-base that is still wishing for her return (somehow) to this very day.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I have an announcement to make:

In an interview with Eiji Aonuma, WE NOW HAVE DIRECT CONFIRMATION THAT THE TWILIGHT PRINCESS-ESQUE ART STYLE FEATURED IN THE TECH DEMO SIGNIFIES NOTHING IN TERMS OF WHERE THE NEXT ZELDA GAME ON WII U MAY GO.

Watch the video to hear for your own ears: (it's at 00:44)

[video=youtube;1-wCfutj9JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wCfutj9JU&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

This is a Spaceworld 2000 sort of situation shaping up here. I would hold back on expectations for the next Zelda so as not to fall into the same fiasco again. The next Zelda will certainly look magnificent, but we now know for sure that we should not necessarily expect to be getting the "Twilight Princess 2" kind of game that's been featured here.

::EDIT:: Same thing is posted on ZD's main page now. So much for this announcement xD

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hey guys, I have to apologize for the double post as that's usually something I try to avoid, but I just found a video featuring the Zelda demo in full-length, both day and night sequence, as well as at a multitude of different camera angles.

I thought it was worth sharing, so here it is:

[video=youtube;F4jKxqRbklA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4jKxqRbklA[/video]

Lupine

Sacred Beast
If there is to be a Zelda for the Wii U (most likely), I would absolutely love to see those kinds of graphics, although I'm sure I would love whatever Nintendo gives us. They're beautiful!

As for a Twilight Princess sequel, I think that that story has ended quite nicely. It would be cool to have a follow-up, though. Too bad the Mirror of Twilight is broken :/

yeah, is just a tech demo

yeah, it looks good, but I have seen some people saying its better than SS, come on, just because it looks nice it doesnt mean its better, there is no actual gameplay there :/

anyway, I dont think that nintendo is gonna release a zelda wiiU very soon, because its nintendo, and its zelda, I mean, if we get a zelda wiiU they are gonna want to be sure it is well made, and also, they would make sure it uses the new features from the wiiU in the better way, and just by thinking how much they have worked in SS, I think they still have a lot of work to do before a new zelda on wiiU

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Aonuma said it was more along the lines of a the 2000 Spaceworld tech demo, and that it was meant to show off what they could do with the system thus far. The tech demo in question was not the work of Nintendo alone, so in that light I would say that we won't be seeing that sequence in the upcoming HD Zelda title. However that doesn't mean they can't keep that style or even adapt a style similar to what we saw. Since other parties were involved I'm not sure Nintendo could even continue base an entire game around that style and the play mechanics that were featured in the demo. Therefore I expect we'll see something different when that fateful day arrives. As it stands, a realistic Zelda would suit HD graphics and that seems to be what people want after seeing that tech demo. Then again it could be a HD toon Zelda first, before they do the realistic one, Skyward Sword is a mix of both, frankly though I don't think they will use the SS style for a Wii U Zelda game. Still, no matter what they end up choosing it will be the best looking Zelda to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom