• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Wii Version: Does Anyone Feel The Same?

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
I mean, twilight princess is a good game, but it disturbed me a bit. I know they made Link right-handed for motion control reasons because more people are actually right-handed, but doing that, they flipped the sprites, and everyone is left-handed. Weird.....

I don't like the way that they mirrored TP for the Wii version. I mean, would it have been so hard to just reprogram Link's sword to always go to his right hand instead of just being lazy and mirroring everything? Anyways, I never noticed that everyone else was left-handed while Link was right-handed. I was lost in the Wii version because I played through the GCN version first.

Last edited:
They mirrored everything because it was easier than re-animating Link to be right-handed.

There's a point in the Wii version where Link shakes hands with Telma... left-handed. LOL.

I'm left-handed and I don't really mind. It is sad to think that Link may be right-handed from now on, though. Maybe he'll stay left-handed on handheld games?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't like the way that they mirrored TP for the Wii version. I mean, would it have been so hard to just reprogram Link's sword to always go to his right hand instead of just being lazy and mirroring everything? Anyways, I never noticed that everyone else was left-handed while Link was right-handed. I was lost in the Wii version because I played through the GCN version first.

I think this is precisely why they did mirror it instead of reprogramming it. In the original version, they put things in places assuming that Link was left-handed (and we know he is, or was). But if they just switch his sword instead of everything, the game would actually be more different than if the mirrored everything, because everything was programmed in such a way that Link was left-handed, but he is right-handed. And that doesn't make much sense. So to make it more understandable, they just mirrored everything instead.

As for the flipping, it kind of bothered me since I played the GameCube version first, so everything was confusing. But it isn't such a big deal to me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It really only bothers me whenever I watch walkthroughs of TPWii; I've played TPGC first and am used to left handed Link, so whenever I see Link draw his sword with his right hand, I get sorta confused and angry though it quickly subsides because I remember the video is about TPWii, not TPGC.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
wait what...??
*turns on TV and plays TP for a bit*
omg thats freaky.....but also kinda awesome that you noticed that!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom