• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Wii U Zelda Ideas Thread

i say u dont use the pad for the shield although that seems wonderful, i say there shuld be a wireless nunchuck for shield play, and the game would be a direct sequel to MM/OOT!

That would be awesome. Maybe they could actually release a nunchuck with motion-plus controls integrated into it. That is actually a better idea for shield control than I had. Maybe you could use the Wii U controller kind of like the map in Phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks, jotting notes on it and such.
And that idea of it being a sequel to Majora's Mask could work. Perhaps it could lead in to Twilight Princess.
Lets keep those ideas coming everybody!

D

DarkJinjo

So let's assume with the Wii U that we do get a new, wireless Wii-mote and Nunchuck-style controller with motion plus integrated into both parts of it. The Wii U tablet could just sit next to the player as a map/inventory screen that you simply touch to pause the game on the TV and then after picking up the Wii U tablet controller for whatever means and finishing, just switch it back to map mode or whatever and place it back down.

That's a cool concept and I wouldn't mind seeing it if done right, but I think the Wii U should just have a classic HD Zelda only your inventory, map, health, mana etc is all on the controller. I also would like to see the aiming style from OoT 3DS implemented because I found it unique, gripping and addictive.

sweet. maybe you could use the shield for items too, like the "throw a ninja star from the wii u to the tv" thing from the reviews.

So let's assume with the Wii U that we do get a new, wireless Wii-mote and Nunchuck-style controller with motion plus integrated into both parts of it. The Wii U tablet could just sit next to the player as a map/inventory screen that you simply touch to pause the game on the TV and then after picking up the Wii U tablet controller for whatever means and finishing, just switch it back to map mode or whatever and place it back down.
That's what I'm thinking too, although they could probably give you the option to have the game automatically pause when you pick it up, as it has a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope. I would also like to see more options to customize the interface, like choosing what displays on the Wii U controller and TV screen.
Another idea I like is having the Wii U controller act as a Tingle Tuner.

I

Idunnomyname

I personally don't think the next Zelda even needs 1:1. It seems like that should be Skyward Sword's thing. But I do think that using the controller to aim with the bow
or use it sort of like the Hawkeye from TP. I still think the Circle Pads should be beneath the buttons on the controller though.

A

Augonator

They could use the gyroscope as an Aimee for the boomerang, slingshot, and bow, and maybe there could be a touchscreen sword swiping feature like fruit ninja!

hope you get it just by watching this:

Lens_of_truth.png

TWW_Picto_Box.png

there you go :)

hope you get it just by watching this:

Lens_of_truth.png

TWW_Picto_Box.png

there you go :)

Awesome idea! I should have thought of that. You could literally use the Wii U controller as the Lens of Truth or pictograph box. It could also be used as a hawkeye, or even use it for targeting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom