• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wii U Wind Waker?

Just put it on the Virtual Console. I honestly think that Wind Waker should be remade on the successor to the 3DS. Really, I'm just curious how the Four Swords Adventures on the Virtual Console is going to work, or really just the Virtual Console in general. Will we need a Wii U Classic Controller, or can we just use the regular Wii U controller? I would think that the screen on the controller would count as the GBA's screen, but they said that using multiple Wii U controllers could be troublesome, with the implication that two Wii U controllers would be the maximum.

I don't mind that, so long as they simply port it and don't remake it. Wind Waker's graphics have barely aged at all, so it's not like Ocarina of Time in which a graphical update is needed.

E

Ezlo

I'd love that! Everyone wants another TP style game, but i love Toon Link!
What would be REALLY cool would be a MINISH CAP 3D REMAKE!!!! GO EZLOOO!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have been thinking for a long time that it should be ported or remade on either the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. Some of you are complaining that it's "too soon," but I'll explain why I feel this way momentarily.

You see, in the past few years, it has become possible to play every current or past Zelda game (at least the official series) on the Wii and Nintendo DS or 3DS, if you really wanted to do so. There are really only a few games (aside from the rare/obscure games) that still cannot be played on a modern system. Those are the Oracle games, and Wind Waker. Majora's Mask is available for the Wii Virtual Console, although some people still want a remake of that.

Wind Waker was a fairly overlooked game back when it was first released, because so many people were opposed to the cel-shading and didn't appreciate the beauty of the anime-like style. On top of that, the game is no longer in production, meaning you have to hunt down a used GCN disc in order to play it. This hasn't been a serious problem up to now, because the Wii is capable of playing GCN games. Let's not forget that the average console cycle was 5 years, but that the Wii is approaching 6 years. It's been longer since WW was last produced than it seems like.

However, that situation will change with the Wii U. It will keep the Virtual Console from the Wii, presumably, but it will DROP backwards compatibility with the GCN. It will still be backwards compatible with Wii games, however. That means that there will be no way to play Wind Waker on a modern system, and people will have to hunt down both an obsolete system, AND an out of production disc. Discs are actually less durable than cartridges, so every day, there are fewer and fewer intact copies of the Wind Waker. Twilight Princess doesn't currently face this problem to the same extent, because it already has a Wii version, and it's just barely 5 years old.

Now, I don't care if it's a port or a remake, or whether it's released on the 3DS or the Wii U. I just think this game deserves another chance, a new release, just like all the other Zelda games have gotten. Remember Wind Waker is not that much newer than Majora's Mask (only about 2 or 3 years), and unlike that game has never been re-released in ANY format. And more than a few people want to see an MM remake.

Last edited:
Now, I don't care if it's a port or a remake, or whether it's released on the 3DS or the Wii U. I just think this game deserves another chance, a new release, just like all the other Zelda games have gotten.

I totally agree. I'm fairly certain that the Wind Waker will be on the Wii-U Virtual Console. Also, the Wind waker is not the only Zelda Game that is suffering, the Four Swords Adventures is in the same situation. I cannot get my hands on this game at all, and I think they should put that on the Wii-U Virtual Console as well so people can play an out of production game.

A Wind Waker remake would be awesome, but in my opinion, it is not needed as the game is great as it is currently. I think Nintendo are focusing a little too hard on remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom