• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii U Virtual Console

Does anyone know the lineup for what games will be available in Wii U's virtual console?

Other than the games already available for the Wii's VC, there are three Gamecube games that I am begging to be released on the Wii U's:
- The Windwaker
- Four Swords Adventures
- Star Fox Adventures

What is the likelihood of these 3 games appearing on the Wii U VC?

No one really knows the line up for the Wii U Virtual Console yet, But out of those 3, Starfox Adventures seems to be the one more likely game to be on the Wii U virtual Console without a doubt.

I'd say the Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is the least likely to be on the Wii U Virtual Console, the reason is because of the Four Swords Adventures use of the GBA which if I remember correctly is required in order to complete the game (For areas like caves etc. that you have to explore). If they were to configure it so that you would use it the the Wii U Gamepad, then the game proberly won't be classed as a Virtual Console game anymore due to editing the original game. As for the Wind Waker, yes It did use the GBA, but it wasn't needed to complete the game, so it may get away with that.

My resoning is based off how the Wii Virtual Console worked and at this time they are just predictions. We'll just have to wait untill the Wii-U virtual Console comes out, and who knows mabye my predictions turn out to be false.

No one really knows the line up for the Wii U Virtual Console yet, But out of those 3, Starfox Adventures seems to be the one more likely game to be on the Wii U virtual Console without a doubt.

I'd say the Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is the least likely to be on the Wii U Virtual Console, the reason is because of the Four Swords Adventures use of the GBA which if I remember correctly is required in order to complete the game (For areas like caves etc. that you have to explore). If they were to configure it so that you would use it the the Wii U Gamepad, then the game proberly won't be classed as a Virtual Console game anymore due to editing the original game. As for the Wind Waker, yes It did use the GBA, but it wasn't needed to complete the game, so it may get away with that.

My resoning is based off how the Wii Virtual Console worked and at this time they are just predictions. We'll just have to wait untill the Wii-U virtual Console comes out, and who knows mabye my predictions turn out to be false.

The gba is not required to finish FSA, but rather just an optional part. The gba icon thing shows up on the screen when you enter caves and stuff yes, but you don't actually need a gba for it.

The gba icon thing shows up on the screen when you enter caves and stuff yes, but you don't actually need a gba for it.

Well what do ya know? You learn Something new everyday! However, regardless of that, I'm sticking with my Predictions because of it's other uses of the GBA, like Playing with others in the main game and the Shadow Battle multiplayer game.

Yeah I played through it earlier this year with just the gamecube pad on the wii.

I can see your point though yeah.

Also, it was never an overly popular game, so that's another reason why it's probably the least likely of the three.

I myself loved it though. A bit different to the zelda tradition, but great fun nonetheless.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
We can't be sure what games will be on the Wii U Virtual Console gamelist. That's still unavailable for us to see what games are available. I'm sure that Nintendo will probably tell someday in advance to tells the gamelist, but for now, it's still a mystery to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom