• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wii U Sales Rise 685% in UK Due to WW HD

Not surprised at all, it was really just a matter of time before great games came out for Wii U and the console now is headed in a really good direction.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Doesn't surprise me, this game seems to be the only worthwhile game to be released on the console yet. Maybe Wind Waker HD isn't a console seller in terms of shifting huge numbers but it's showed that bringing a well known and established game can increase sales somewhat.

I'm still sceptical in what Nintendo has to offer in terms of quantity, but 2014 will be a good year for them purley on the basis that this year was such a poor one.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Doesn't surprise me, this game seems to be the only worthwhile game to be released on the console yet. Maybe Wind Waker HD isn't a console seller in terms of shifting huge numbers but it's showed that bringing a well known and established game can increase sales somewhat.

I'm still sceptical in what Nintendo has to offer in terms of quantity, but 2014 will be a good year for them purley on the basis that this year was such a poor one.

Only more time will tell us how many consoles WW HD can shift. I agree totally about it being the only worthwhile game on the console so far. I have heard there are some pretty good games out but nothing really spectacular, nothing worth buying a console over anyway.

2014 will bring super smash bros. That is one I expect to shift large numbers of Wii U's.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Good on the Wii U. :P I hope more games can push its sales like this. It's not exactly game-changing but, hey, a HD Remake drives sales this much, you gotta expect some big, new exclusives can do it even better!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Only more time will tell us how many consoles WW HD can shift. I agree totally about it being the only worthwhile game on the console so far. I have heard there are some pretty good games out but nothing really spectacular, nothing worth buying a console over anyway.

2014 will bring super smash bros. That is one I expect to shift large numbers of Wii U's.
There probably are some decent games on the Wii U; however I've always said that this console needed a game to draw everyone in and give them a reason, a must have reason to own the console. I bought the Wii U a while back, I've sold it now, but it seemed like the problem was a real Nintendo juggernaut to shift units and make the console take off.

Wind Waker HD has showed just that a popular remake can cause a high influx of sales, I just wonder if Nintendo would have released one for their, so called, big games near the Wii U's release - I think that this console would have sold a lot better to be honest. I agree with you that 2014 is going to be a turning point for the Wii U I just hope they build on momentum with some more announcements.

I always believed that the reports of the Wii-U's death on arrival were greatly exaggerated, if only because I think it's quite obvious that a system will have a hard time selling if interesting software isn't there to back it up. The PS3 went through the exact same cycle when it was released with a very over-priced tag, and it turned out to be just fine once the AAA games started pouring in, and Sony realized that the target audience isn't a bunch of millionaires who have chump change to spend on a home console.

I'll be the first to vouch for the Wii-U having a good enough library to justify purchase already, actually. Super Mario Bros reminded me so much of Super Mario World back in the day when I first played the GBA port. Pikmin 3 is my personal favorite in the series, and just the breath of fresh air that comes with that style of gameplay was enough to hook me again pretty quick. I just got Wind Waker HD today too, and I hope to maybe make a thread about my thoughts and impressions if I can keep the original post at a reasonable length. Point is, you'd be a fool to not think that it will only get better from here on out. Plus, the 3DS is on top of the world anyway, so Nintendo can afford to have a sluggish start with the Wii-U.

Those sales numbers a pretty amazing though. I wouldn't exactly call Wind Waker HD THE selling point though. The game isn't all that radically different from the previous Gamecube incarnation to me, because the graphics don't necessarily gain a lot from the HD capabilities. It's probably just a good breaking point for a lot of people who have been considering getting one for a while now. Smash 4 and more Mario World or on the horizon, so if WWHD didn't rope people in, those surely will.

DarkLink17

Well then
This is pretty great, since I've been hearing so much crap about the Wii U and how the new PS4 and Xbox has already surpassed it in popularity. After all of the new titles release (Zelda Wii U, Pikmin 3, SSB4), then I'm sure the Wii U will be as critically acclaimed as it deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom