• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii U Preview Event General Discussion Thread

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm making this thread as a general thread for updates about the Wii U Preview Event that took place earlier today. Anyone who missed it can come on here to check on the Wii U news that we know of thus far. Later on it might be converted into a center for Wii U information as the days count down toward its release in November.

For now, though, we have confirmation on the starting price and release date in North America

• Wii U is releasing November 18th for North America. At $299.99.
  • And the premium bundle is $350.
  • Note: The Wii's price was $250 when it first came out.

Credit to TheRizardon for providing the info

If anyone else has news on the Wii U Preview event, feel free to comment below. Otherwise, are you content with the starting price? Do you plan on getting the Wii U when it comes out in November?

Last edited:

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Also if there are is any new information you might be able to find it @GenGAME or Nintendo3dsBlog it will most likely have anything that we've missed.

Just finished watching the WiiU event live on the west coast; here is some more information provided:
  • Nintendo TVii available at launch, included free with both bundles.
  • Several game updates & announcements: Bayonetta 2 announced as WiiU exclusive, 007 Legends confirmed, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate announced for both WiiU and 3DS, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and more..
  • New Super Mario Bros. U will be available at launch.
  • The white Nintendo WiiU package will come with: 8 gb Nintendo WiiU + Gamepad, HDMI cables, an AC adapter, and a sensor bar.
  • The premium black package will contain: Everything listed in the original package with an upgraded 32 gb black Nintendo WiiU, a charging cradle for the Gamepad, And Nintendo Land.

Also, Gamestop will begin taking preorders today, or so it was said.. I haven't been able to find anything on their website.

I was very excited for the event, and impressed as well. The price is reasonable, I like the option of the 8 gb and the 32gb, I will most likely get the latter. I think Nintendo did well in providing us more information about the launch. Nintendo TVii certainly seems interesting, hopefully it will be everything they say it will. I will be pre ordering my upgraded bundle ASAP,can't wait!

Last edited:
I am super excited for it. If anything its worth spend the extra 50 bucks for the premium package expecially if they start giving you options of downloading games threw the nintendo shop. The only thing I wished they showed is how you interact with friends online. One thing the wii didnt really do but hopefully wii u will do.

Kirino

Tatakae
It was great. I like the choice between the black and white, the price is very reasonable, and the new games revealed look great. The new ZombieU trailer looks amazing, and it's good to hear about Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive. I'm definetly getting the deluxe version. The extra 50$ is definetly worth it.

I'm definitely purchasing a black premium bundle on launch date. The launch day lineup (New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Fifa 13, Rayman Legends, Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3, and Call of Duty Black Ops II) is easily the most balanced in gaming history. There truly is something for everyone. Also, Bayonetta 2 as a Wii U exclusive blew my mind. Bring it on.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nintendo Australia has released the price for us, it's a lot better than I expected but still more than in America (as usual).
Basic pack: $349.95 AUD (approx $365 USD)
Premium Pack: $429.95 (approx $448 USD)
I'm happy considering I was expecting up to $599 for the premium pack but compared to the USA it's still rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom