• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Wii U - Image Displayed on TV is Missing Edge

Cfrock

Keep it strong
When I was using my Wii U earlier I noticed that the image displayed on my TV appeared to be missing some of the edge. It was like the image was zoomed in slightly and so the very edges of the image were not displayed. I tried to see if there was anything I could do in the Settings but nothing seemed to help and I have no idea how technology of any kind works.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is this a common kind of issue with TVs in general? What can I do to fix it?

Many thanks to anyone who has any information regarding this.

I did take notice to this last night actually, mainly when I was using my internet browser. I don't think you can really fix this but I am sure Nintendo will be sure to.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Oh God, I found the solution!!

If you go onto the Miiverse and select User Menu then Miiverse Settings and then scroll down you find an option called Screen Size. Mine was set to maximum. Lowered it and everything is fine now.

Edit

Sorry, got way ahead of myself. This only solves the issue on the Miiverse. The Wii U Menu is still all zoomed in and now I have a sad :(

Last edited:

izi

Not A Wizard
I just hooked up my Wii U for the first time this morning. I had the same problem on my Dad's TV. My TV doesn't have an HDMI input (it's older), so I have an AV adapter, and I noticed that I don't see it when I have it plugged in with AV, only HDMI.

I'm not sure if it's because of the TV's resolutions or what, but that's what fixed it for me.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Sounds to me like you have the resolution set too high. Go to the TV settings from the Wii U menu and try using the 720p setting, or the "non-hdmi" setting if you're using the red-white-yellow connectors instead of the HDMI connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom