• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii U Dilemma: Now or Later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've came to a crossroad in terms of purchasing the Wii U, and I would like to see people's opinions on the matter. Here's the situation: I have seen the Premium Edition Wii U very cheap on Zavvi's E-bay page for £225 ( which is roughly $363 in US Dollars). it may be a little more expensive in America, but it's cheaper then in the UK where an average premium Wii U is £299.

The thing is although I have enough money for it, the Wii U has some issues still and Nintendo announced that in March they will release the Wii U with a majority of them fixed and the tedious update pre-installed. My question is should I wait until March to purchase the Wii U or should I go ahead and get it now while stock lasts? Is now the best time to purchase the Wii U and endure the update or would it be better to buy it later when the Wii U is more stable?

I just want a straight answer from you guys, try to keep the arguments of opinions to a minimum please.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I have already tried out the Wii U and I do like what is in store, so I'm not worried about games and other software as much.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
$363 is about the $350 it costs here in America, so that isn't too bad.

You should definitely wait til when they release the Wii U completely fixed, though. I own a Wii U and I assure you, it isn't worth the hassle buying one now and waiting for servers to get unloaded. ;)

The update really isn't that bad. It took less than an hour for me, and I haven't had a single issue with my Wii U yet. So I definitely say you should get it, especially if there are any launch titles you're looking to play.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It really depends on if you really want it......

If you do want it and want like some of the launch titles, then get it! It is pretty awesome and the Gamepad is a great feature, the only bad thing I would have to say is that there isnt any stand out launch title but that could change in the coming months.

If you do want it and want like some of the launch titles, then get it! It is pretty awesome and the Gamepad is a great feature, the only bad thing I would have to say is that there isnt any stand out launch title but that could change in the coming months.

I forgot to mention before, I've already tried the Wii U out and I love it and it's games, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks for mentioning the above though, that part completely slipped my mind considering I had a Game sess 2 weeks ago.. :)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Nah. Wait for price to go down. There are few games on the Wii U worth getting right now anyway.

I'd say later, later and much later. Right now a lot of people are having update issues etc so there is that side of things since newer models will have that sorted. There are also not many games worth buying that aren't out there already on other consoles despite lacking the gamepad gimmick, and then there will be bigger models, more save room and probably newer features we already have more than one kind of wiiU on the market if you go premium. then there is Zelda, no doubt when the first/only Zelda game appears on WiiU there will be bundles, a limited edition version of the console, special version of the game and if it employs DLC then probably bundle pack exclusive DLC to boot.. so i say wait as long as you can and or for Zelda to release.

so i say wait as long as you can and or for Zelda to release.

I probably won't be waiting years to get the Wii U, I don't think I can wait that long. I'm thinking of getting it round the next couple of weeks (well...days xD) or the first half of 2013, but I can't decide. i think I'll need to hear more opinions so that I can make a decision.

The Wii U barely has any games for it at the moment. I'd recommend waiting until the first price drop or at least until a Zelda game comes out for it. :)

OK guys I have made a final decision. It's very tempting, but I have decided to wait a Month before I get the Wii U. I figured out that alot of people will be after it since it's so cheap, plus there's the Christmas sales rave going on, which doesn't really help. If I wait for the sales to go down, demand for the Wii U will decrease since no one has the money to buy one and hopefully the price of the Wii U will go down also. Thanks for all your help guys, I probably would of made the wrong decision if I didn't get your feedback. Have a happy new year everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom