• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii U - Buy It Immediately or Wait?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I'll probably get it at launch date, hopefully there'll be enough left for me to walk in on the afternoon, nobody plays games in my town besides COD and fifa, which is sometimes a blessing as well as a curse ;)

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I'm gonna wait, I have bought a lot of systems at launch and it is always irritating to see them much cheaper on craigslist the next day. Also I will be in Europe still. I'll get one in the states.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Probably gonna wait on this one (at least until I start reading comments and getting fanhype). I already have a lot of games I want to try out and am saving up for Skyward Sword. But the more I read about or watch it, the more excited I become.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
^^ Agreed. Most of the new FF's for Nintendo stink, I don't like CoD and I could care less about Tigerwoods or any of that. Plus, Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Pikmin, Pokemon, Mother and Fire Emlem (Getting into the series :p) Are awesome.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm definitely gonna buy this on day one. I already have a stash of money put away for this that I keep adding too. I don't care if there's no good 3rd party games even though there's a big chance it will have some because that's not reason enough for me to ditch the system as a whole. Nintendo has some of the best first party games out there, and Zelda is enough for me to want the console. No way am I missing out on the opportunity to play a next gen Zelda game. And anyway, we all know this system will have good games. Which one doesn't? This is Nintendo, when have they ever failed us? Anyway, the Wii U has some outstanding features and is very innovative from what we've seen and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I've been a Nintendo fan all my life and the vast majority of the games I own for all Nintendo systems are indeed first party. :) That's another reason why I won't buy it at launch unless they have some good launch titles available; if it's nothing but third party stuff, I'll hold off. That's what kept me away from the 3DS until the price-drop, and the only game I have for the 3DS is OoT.

I don't care much at all for third party support on Nintendo's systems...well, I do, because it helps keep them afloat and there's the occasional third-party game that I actually want for a Nintendo system, but they're lucky enough to have the amazing first-party lineup that they do. I care about third-party games on my ps3, for example, because it's a much wider market. But you can count on Nintendo to have the best all-around first party lineup at the end of the day, even if they get off to a slow start.

The way I see it, it'll take developers a bit of time to get a handle on the Wii-U anyway, meaning the initial games won't likely be top-notch. I'm guessing the touted features will feel forced at first and gradually expanded upon. Nintendo has a great grasp on their technology, but it always seems to take developers a fair amount of time to churn out the good games, save for a few. So unless there's a new Mario platformer, Zelda game, or smash bros available at launch for the Wii-U, I'll steer clear until something comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom