• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii U and 3DS Under a Unified Account !

Dan

At last !
I'm so happy that Nintendo are doing this , because it's about time. Nintendo will enable the Wii U and 3DS to share the same account. So hopefully this means we can play our emulated games on both !
As well as other neat features. I really hope however this unified account means a REAL account name and not a silly friend code.

Source

A_LINK_IN_TIME said:
Oh man Dan, this news is so old it was like revealed when the snes came out.
Shutup ALIT ! :(

I also found this quote very funny
Nintendo's been taking baby steps into the 21st century for a while now, but is taking perhaps its first major big-boy walk with the news that unified accounts are coming to Wii U. The company has confirmed that users will have one account across their Wii U and 3DS systems, just like Xbox Live and PSN offered ten thousand years ago.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
This is old news? I didn't know this, haha.

It sounds great! I'm excited! I will be even happier if this actually means you'd be able to play your downloaded games on both systems; that would be amazing.

Dan

Oh I don't know if it is old news or not. I was just preparing for ALIT. :P

This news is terribly outdated. We already knew about this long before from sources such as Wii U Daily. Nintendo aims to offer a stronger profile centralization along the lines of Xbox Live and PSN and I for one am glad of this development. Also what is this talk of emulated games I hear?! Dan, you know DGN does not promote those. This thread is a crime upon humanity! :right:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
This is great news, but in the link it says they don't know how or if it would work outside the US and Canada. It better be global, there are another 5 continents (forget Antarctica) that have people with 3DS consoles.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I must say, with the advent of the WiiU's social systems, this is a great idea! My only problem, though, is that how will this be worked properly into the 3DS? The 3DS already has its system established, so I can see nothing short of a very big update that will take quite some time to develop.

Now, I can see some features of the WiiU, such as opinions on certain parts of a game, not being able to get in the 3DS since it would not be possible in the games currently released. Still, however, it would be quite nice to be able to see more social features on not only the WiiU, but also the 3DS.

Fig

The Altruist
I love how Nintendo is going to make an account that the Wii U and 3DS can both share. It's better than making two different accounts in my opinion. The reason why I think that is because most people have a dominant account and only use their other accounts when necessary. I can't to make my account! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom