• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Motion Plus (WMP) Ruined Skyward Sword

S

SlyCooper

Wii Motion Plus single handedly ruined Syward Sword for me! :( I had to recalibrate and recenter the darn thing after almost every hack or slash! If it was only a once in a blue moon thing where it gets messed up I'd be fine with that, but it happend every minute! Take for example the final part of the final Ghiriamim battle; It took me six trys to beat him because of the stupid WMP. It didnt give me time to apreciate the game because I was constantly frustrated. WMP should've been an option.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
It seems like there is something wrong with your wii-mote rather than the game itself. I have never heard of this happening before and I sugest buying a new wii-mote that has WMP built in. That would probably fix your problem. SS would not be possible to complete without WMP so it is no wonder that there was not an option to turn it off.

I wouldn't say the Wii Motion Plus ruined Skyward Sword, but it did have some shortcummings that displeased me as well. The same thing happened to me at the Ghirahim battle so I can understand you frustration.

The Wii Motion Plus wasn't so bad that I couldn't enjoy the game, but it did make me very annoyed at times with constant recalibration, mis-communication, etc.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think WM+ ruined SS. If you're taking wild slashes, you'll end up giving Link a backwards facing arm or something like that, you have to do light swings instead of hard ones. WM+ is rather sensitive, so while I understand that it DOES mess up every once and a while, in my opinion it isn't the thing that ruined SS. Actually, WM+ was the most positive buff the game had. While I do agree that it should've been an option, the gameplay itself was top notch.

Just take lighter slashes, or buy a new WiiMote.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I don't think WM+ ruined SS. If you're taking wild slashes, you'll end up giving Link a backwards facing arm or something like that, you have to do light swings instead of hard ones. WM+ is rather sensitive, so while I understand that it DOES mess up every once and a while, in my opinion it isn't the thing that ruined SS. Actually, WM+ was the most positive buff the game had. While I do agree that it should've been an option, the gameplay itself was top notch.

Just take lighter slashes, or buy a new WiiMote.

Except for the bolded part. Ditto,
(I'm so good at making highly intelligent contributions to threads :P)

Honestly it did take a while for me to get used to the WMP but after about an hour I was totally confortable. Just make sure that its calibrated correctly... If not that it is a hassle.... but all in all it was great and SS is my fav game

How do you swing it? Could be the WiiMote because this is the first time I've heard of it other than people swinging it around like crazy.

I had the same problem the first time I started the game. After adjusting the motion settings in the wii menu, I only had to recalibrate once every blue moon. I suggest you do that.

T

theTomas117

I rather enjoyed the WMP incorporation into the game. Sure it got off center sometimes when using the Beetle or the bow but that's to be expected. I don't see how it could have ruined it though, I absolutely loved it.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
I never had any problem with the WMP (not pre-installed in the 'mote). I suggest playing it in a really blank room, with absolutely nothing between you and the screen and no electronics around that could interfere. If that doesn't work, i'd have to agree with TwilightDekuand yuo should probably get a new remote.

Did you actually calibrate the wii-remote on a hard surface like it asks? Or did you just sit the controller down on your leg or hold it in your hand instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom